I said pharmacy not ER

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TCB

live and let live
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I applied to volunteer at the Pharmacy in the Naval National Medical Center. The lady who is supposed to place me told that the pharmacy doesn't need anyone at the moment. I was a little bit dissapointed, but because I am already working at the hospital pharmacy, I got over it.
Today she called me to tell me that I have an orientation on Tuesday, and she would like to place me in ER. I don't know if I should be elated or not. I am not into direct patients contacts or anything along that line.
Then comes pharmacy school application. What are they going to think when they are going to see that I am volunteering in ER? I m sure the first thing in their mind will be: WE HAVE A CONFUSED APPLICANT HERE. I guess I will see what to make of it on Tuesday

Members don't see this ad.

I volunteered in the ER. Keep in mind I was pre-med at the time... but I really think it was valuable experience to see what goes on in the hospital, particularly in that department. And all the applications I have done so far they ask about pharmacy and/or other health care experience. So I really don't think it would look too wierd. so if you think it would be cool, it would say go for it.