I see a lot of people has been a nurse before their MS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your patience . any advise will be appreciated.
I am so not happy with the perspective of this profession. It'll be good for someone who loves it, but not me.
Having that said, my biggest question is, I have two Cs on my transcript from nursing school. my overall GPA is probably 3.7, science GPA 4.0.
The first C, I got it because it was the first semester after a major surgery. The second C was on my last semester , had trouble understanding my instructor, and was really upset about her teaching...( touchy feeling stuff occuppy a part of the tests, I never could get it right even I made As on psychoogy. )
Becasue of the unique grading system of nursing school, in fact those two Cs, the score was 82 and 81.(78-83 is C in my shcool).
I am so concerned that they are gonna look at this and turn down on me right away. since I still have other science classes to take, I am wondering if those two Cs will definitely kill my application, I would just give up my dream, try something else......Life is so hard already......
What do you think, especially those of you who are in meds achool already, do you have any Cs on your transcript. (you can imagine I am still so upset at my nursing instructor, she taught me nothing yet the tests questions and keys were not scientifically correct. acctually she "inspired'' me to be a doctor.:D

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you all for your patience . any advise will be appreciated.
I am so not happy with the perspective of this profession. It'll be good for someone who loves it, but not me.
Having that said, my biggest question is, I have two Cs on my transcript from nursing school. my overall GPA is probably 3.7, science GPA 4.0.
The first C, I got it because it was the first semester after a major surgery. The second C was on my last semester , had trouble understanding my instructor, and was really upset about her teaching...( touchy feeling stuff occuppy a part of the tests, I never could get it right even I made As on psychoogy. )
Becasue of the unique grading system of nursing school, in fact those two Cs, the score was 82 and 81.(78-83 is C in my shcool).
I am so concerned that they are gonna look at this and turn down on me right away. since I still have other science classes to take, I am wondering if those two Cs will definitely kill my application, I would just give up my dream, try something else......Life is so hard already......
What do you think, especially those of you who are in meds achool already, do you have any Cs on your transcript. (you can imagine I am still so upset at my nursing instructor, she taught me nothing yet the tests questions and keys were not scientifically correct. acctually she "inspired'' me to be a doctor.:D

No, two "Cs" will not kill your application. Continue working toward your dream. :luck:

The Cs won't hurt. I was nurse before becoming an MD and I had lots of Cs in nursing school. (I had to go out and drink alot to make the prospect of nursing more bearable but it didn't work :) ) I was so disinterested in what I was doing at that time that I never studied for a test until the morning of the exam. I really feel your pain having to deal with the touchy feely stuff. I think I may have nightmares tonight having just thought about it. hehehe

Keep up what you are doing and you will be fine. I'm always excited to hear about people who had to endure nursing before medical school. It will make medical school and the career of being a physician pure extasy. Best years of my life and it only gets better every time I go in to work.

Good luck.

Burntcrispy,MD

thanks.

Last edited: