I skipped class today!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mouthwash4hobo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
.. and now I feel guilty :( But I couldn't sleep :sleep: last night and now I have to work 8 hours.

Does anyone else feel bad after ditching class?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, I missed one of my classes this morning. But all the lecture notes/power points are online so that's not too bad. Yes I feel guilty. I feel more productive going to all my lectures. But it just doesn't happen haha.

.. and now I feel guilty :( But I couldn't sleep :sleep: last night and now I have to work 8 hours.

Does anyone else feel bad after ditching class?

you'll probably only miss 3 test questions because of it. don't sweat it ;)

I only felt bad in the third quarter of ochem when there were only four people in the class, three of whom were frequent skippers. Nobody wants to lecture to one person.

Otherwise, you are paying for the instructor to provide you a service and it is up to you to decide how to get the best value for your money. Attending lecture is not always the best value.

Heh, my senior year of college I was skipping lecture to catch up on homework, research, and writing my thesis (or desperately trying to recoup sleep debt). I used to feel bad about ditching class, but to be honest I've almost never ditched class for fun, only academic reasons. Being able to skip the occasional chem or physics class allowed me to stay afloat with all the other things I was juggling.

Only as long as you also didn't watch the half-time show. Watching the half-time show and no game is a cardinal sin.

Nope, so I'm in the clear I guess!

<--- No TV in this guy's house (although if I were inspired I would have watched it online, but I decided to have fun with the gf instead)

no guilt, maybe a little regret, and a lot of dread before the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah.. I went to class this morning, after a two week absence..:eek::eek:
My experience is that the guilt ratchets up and reaches a critical mass by the 2 week mark...

I could easily skip my math and physics courses because I get nothing out of lecture anyways.

Wait til you get to med school. I and most others only show up for exams.

Honestly...no not really. I guess it depends on the class but if the lecture doesn't help then I have no problem skipping. Actually I just had a midterm this morning that I have skipped four out of the seven lectures ( for health reasons, not just for kicks) that are on the midterm AND I barely paid attention in class when I did go. Plus, I only started studying for it about 13 hours before and essentially taught myself a bunch of new material. I'm not expecting an A but I think I'll pass and my friends have been helpful enough to share their notes since I was gone for a good reason.

but yeah...senioritis is AWESOME. haha

To be honest I made it a goal to skip at least one class freshman year (before going pre-med). Now I cannot talk myself INTO skipping a class, haha. Actually my parents are trying to talk me out of going to class tomorrow because we are supposed to get like 9-13 inches of snow but I'll leave an hour earlier if that's what it takes, lol. I just need all the exposure I can get because I'm not one who is naturally brilliant.

But as for the OP, maybe kick yourself a little but move on and focus on what's ahead...we ALL have made mistakes in our academic careers, don't sweat it too much, lol.

Wow. I don't think I can see myself skipping any class, even if I learn nothing from it. I guess you could say I have a really guilty conscious.

I'd rather hear people talk than read books, but some people would rather read books than hear people talk.

I suppose as the ratio of knowledge in book:lecture increases I'd have to rethink my strategy. A lecture is only as good as the lecturer's skills.

I missed class this morning... I had two exams in my other two MW classes that kept me up all night...

On the bright side I think I got an A on both tests... but American Politics had to take a backseat...

Wow, not to be mean or anything, but this is sad! You guys never skip class or if you do, you feel guilty? LOL ;) I skip class and don't feel guilty about it. I don't do it everyday day, but I still do it once in a while to slide under the radar of the professor. Say < 6 times a semester. I mainly do it because I don't feel like getting up or I have a paper due for another class.

I usually get an adrenaline rush and feel like a bad ass for missing class. So next time when I go to a tough bar to pick up some ladies, I usually drop it on them "so yeah....I skipped class the other day"
usually grabs their attention and has all the other "tough" guys back off.

I usually don't skip, but I did last week and it was very liberating. Also, I felt like a total badass.