I submitted my PTCAS 3 months ago... but just finished the GRES...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoshuaDannon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I submitted my PTCAS a few months back. I just now took the GRES and the scores just now finally showed up on my PTCAS account.

However, I notice that PTCAS already mailed out my application to my schools. Will they get an "updated" copy with my GRE scores? Will they find out that my GRE scores are in or is it up to me to make sure the programs get an updated version of my PTCAS?

Thanks1

Members don't see this ad.

Also, one of my letters of rec was just submitted a week ago... but my app was sent out to schools back in August. Is there anything I need to do or does PTCAS give them the updates?

Thanks

From what I understand all your schools Have electronic access to your application and they are alerted when your app is updated.

Reactions: 1 users
Technically PTCAS will notify them, but if I were you I would double check directly with your programs to make sure that they get the updates.
Last year I updated my observation hours after submitting, and for some reason one of my programs did not get the update from PTCAS and initially disqualified me. After I let the program know about the update, they rechecked, saw that I did qualify, and then accepted me. It's easy to just call or email your programs and let them know about your updates and confirm that they received them, and it could save you some hassle later.