I SUCK!! Didn't match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Screwed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I SUCK!!!

As expected, I didn't match into EM (only had 2 interviews (places I rotated), crappy step scores 79x2, and FMG). I do have several years in pharmaceutical research and EMS, I'm very personable, straight A's with all of my clinicals but on paper I SUCK.

I did match into a FM program, and I'm very happy to have a job. I will work my butt off and fully dedicate myself to the position, but the reality is that my heart just isn't in it.

So, I'm looking for suggestion on how to make my application more attractive.

I will probably reapply the next season, but I don't think that a couple of months as a resident will significantly improve my chances (I may take step 3 before July).
Should I wait to reapply after my second year or am I doomed into going through 2 full residencies?

I'm a stubborn and persistent bastard, so it may take some time, but eventually I'll get to where I want.

Thanks,
P.S. I suck!!

Members don't see this ad.

Everything you said, except I don't even have a job. I'm trying to get a traditional osteopathic internship at this point. So can I share whatever advice comes up?

I SUCK!!!

As expected, I didn't match into EM (only had 2 interviews (places I rotated), crappy step scores 79x2, and FMG). I do have several years in pharmaceutical research and EMS, I'm very personable, straight A's with all of my clinicals but on paper I SUCK.

I did match into a FM program, and I'm very happy to have a job. I will work my butt off and fully dedicate myself to the position, but the reality is that my heart just isn't in it.

So, I'm looking for suggestion on how to make my application more attractive.

I will probably reapply the next season, but I don't think that a couple of months as a resident will significantly improve my chances (I may take step 3 before July).
Should I wait to reapply after my second year or am I doomed into going through 2 full residencies?

I'm a stubborn and persistent bastard, so it may take some time, but eventually I'll get to where I want.

Thanks,
P.S. I suck!!

^^
I think that is a personality trait that can only help you. I don't have any advice, but I share your attitude. good luck!