I think I have an awkward moment with LOR's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jordan1671

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So yeah, I was just going through the motions and mindlessly filling in the blanks for those non-thinking answers. I have interfolio and all of my prof/dentist's letters there but on the LOE's, I clicked the send by e-mail option thinking I need to put the same people down because AADSAS needed to verify them through me for some reason.

Anyways, I didn't until later that AADSAS had sent me emails saying they've requested LOR's to all of the people I put down. Do the professors get the same email? Do I need to email all of the professors back apologizing for the email and telling them to not send a thing?

Members don't see this ad.

I do believe that they have sent emails to all your professors requesting LOR's. I opened up the application last cycle and tried this myself with one of my emails to see what it looked like (and then promptly removed myself as a LOR writer lol) but I did get an email asking to upload the LOR and also an update saying I had been removed IIRC.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ah I see, yikes! Okay I'll remove them and send an email to explain the situation. I already saw one already uploaded, so I'll thank them for that as well.

Don't remove the one that has already uploaded. (Are you even able to do this without going through a bunch of steps with AADSAS?)

Just don't include it in the letters you send over from Interfolio.

Don't remove the one that has already uploaded. (Are you even able to do this without going through a bunch of steps with AADSAS?)

I believe that I remember reading somewhere that once LORs have been uploaded the applicant is unable to remove them. But that may or may not be correct.

Last edited:
I can't seem to remove the LORs that have been uploaded by my professors :s

Reactions: 1 user
Good thing that I don't need to remove my LOEs lol.

I believe that I remember reading somewhere that once LORs have been uploaded the applicant is unable to remove them. But that may or may not be correct.

Yeah, honestly I'm too scared to even touch the remove button to find out. Good to note that you can't remove them when you uploaded them. I'll probably have a good double check on the dental school lists and what letter of recs they need or are optional.

Can you have the writers sent it directly to AADSAS but also Interfolio just to store the letters?

Can you have the writers sent it directly to AADSAS but also Interfolio just to store the letters?

Yup yup. A smart idea in case something terrible happens and you have to reapply.