i think i just screwed up big time... help needed ASAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Actually going to med school in a better location is going to be much more depressing because you are always going to be missing out on more. You really want to go to med school where it's always cold and rainy, so when you are stuck inside studying on a Saturday afternoon you know no one else is on the beach having more fun than you.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

we're not stupid L2D, explain to us how these students who study all the time and never have time to enjoy le joie de vivre have any time to write, memorize, act out, film, edit, and finally watch useless drivel like this:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=402322

Members don't see this ad.

Actually going to med school in a better location is going to be much more depressing because you are always going to be missing out on more. You really want to go to med school where it's always cold and rainy, so when you are stuck inside studying on a Saturday afternoon you know no one else is on the beach having more fun than you.

Dear l2d,

You seem to be confused by something, so let me straighten this out. You are a unique snowflake. OK?

Sincerely,
dbhvt

Actually, I agree with L2D. I hate to be inside studying when it's nice and sunny outside. Living in a city, I do feel like I miss out on quite a bit because I don't have time to do everything. Sure, I get out, but I have to be picky. I think some people are more sensitive to their environment, for better or for worse.

To the OP, :confused: :confused: :confused:

so, i withdrew from a school (put it in the mail last friday) and today (thursday.. ie IT SHOULD BE THERE BY NOW) i get a phone call from the same school... telling me congratulations because they wanted to offer me admission from the waitlist....

at this point i was just like, um.... did you not get my response card that i was withdrawing from the alt list? she says no, i told her i mailed it last fri, she says 'oh maybe it'll come tomorrow' and tells me she'll note it in my file...basically end of conversation

so someone tell me, did i just seriously screw myself over if i have to reapply next year? (im still sitting on 2 other alt lists) ...is this going to be considered/recorded officially as me turning down an acceptance? aka am i going to get blacklisted? i mean i didn't know what else to say when she called, i had already sent the card in, kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place...

should i do something? IS there something i can do? should i call them back and ask for some kind of clarification as to my status? what if they never get my alt list withdrawal, since seriously it should have been there by now?

ahhhhhhhhh FREAKING OUT

Kate what you should have done was told her you made a mistake and for her to burn that withdrawl. I can't believe you didn't try to talk her. Why didn't you?

If you don't get accepted this year take it as a life lesson. Don't make decisions in haste. Why withdrawl so early? Seems like you like you made a string of unwise decisions. Hence your current predicament. But at least you got an education in application.