i think its that time of year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmillski

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have no idea.. but i would imagine that more than one person wants to know this: what is the common consensus on sending in grades? I just got back a b in analytical chem, hopefully a's in everything else- is that one mar enough to have them actually HURT me? how much does it benefit by sending them in? if we are habitual goodgradegetters, do we really need to send something in? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think its necessary to send your grades in. I'd only send them in if I've done dramatically better than I've been doing. Otherwise, what's the point? They probably expect you to do as well as you've been doing.

I asked the 3 schools that have accepted me this, and this is what each said.

1. Only if there's something we oughta know (bad grade?)
2. Only official transcript when I graduate in May
3. If I WANT to, send an unofficial transcript now and my official one in May

Basically, I think it depends on the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have some grades that significantly raise your uGPA (doubtful if one semester would do this), then send updates otherwise, if you have been accepted, a final official transcript is all that you need.

Just be aware that some schools (even with an acceptance or if you get an acceptance) will withdraw your acceptance if you fail to successfully complete your coursework. In short, if the school that accepted you has this stipulation, drop any course that you might be in danger of failing.

For the most part, updates are not necessary.

hm how about in a situation where you have not been accepted yet. i.e. i have had 2 interviews so far, and am still waiting to hear back from tons of schools.

hm how about in a situation where you have not been accepted yet. i.e. i have had 2 interviews so far, and am still waiting to hear back from tons of schools.

I will say that update if this significantly raises your uGPA. If you are going from a 3.4 to a 3.45, then it's probably not going to help you much. If this raises you from a 3.4 to a 3.6, then definitely update.

cool. so its not actually obligatory for us to send in grades if we are still in the running after this semester?