I thought the applications were over... so naive

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goobernut

LCSW
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, to break up the monotony of "Which degree should I pick?" posts, I thought I'd give a heads up to those applying to programs with practicums, internships, etc.

I naively thought that once I was accepted, you know, the application process might be over. ooooooOOOOooo no. Here I am, now applying for practicums, writing more essays, revising my resume again, and filling out 5 page applications. I think maybe I didn't think about this part of the process because I was putting my head in the sand. You know, only trying to deal with the stress of getting accepted hahaha. Also, these applications are optional in that they are for special internships with stipends.

Ugh, at least now I'll be prepared for it when it happens next year... At least I have some incredible letter writers who have my back.

Fun times. How are you guys doing in the process? I know some just graduated, some are inbetween years?

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck with these funded internships!

I'm sitting back enjoying my summer and writing up a proposal since my program is just academic in nature. :p

Thanks for the heads up! Im in my junior year of college and thought that when you apply for grad school those would be the last of the applications. I guess anything worth doing doesn't come easy:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the heads up! Im in my junior year of college and thought that when you apply for grad school those would be the last of the applications. I guess anything worth doing doesn't come easy:)

Life is like a folder of applications.