TS: 400
AA: 370
QR: 330
RC: 310
Bio: 360
Chem: 400
Orgo: 400
Physics: 390

The science (bio,chem,orgo,phys) questions were VERY similar to the Kaplan OAT diagnosic, midterm, and final but kaplan's was much harder. However, the math section on the real oat was alot harder than i expected and it was probably on the same level as the math section for kaplan's midterm and final. The RC section also was on the same level as kaplan (in my opinion) and my passages was on comets/asteriods, screening for diseases, and Quantum mechanics (the Bose-Einstein condensate). If anyone has any specific questions about the test, feel free to ask me!

Members don't see this ad.

Rusunn said:
Hey all,

I took the computerized OAT today: Nov. 7, 2005

The science (bio,chem,orgo,phys) questions were VERY similar to the Kaplan OAT diagnosic, midterm, and final but kaplan's was much harder. However, the math section on the real oat was alot harder than i expected and it was probably on the same level as the math section for kaplan's midterm and final. The RC section also was on the same level as kaplan (in my opinion) and my passages was on comets/asteriods, screening for diseases, and Quantum mechanics (the Bose-Einstein condensate). If anyone has any specifice questions about the test, feel free to ask me!

Awesome scores! :thumbup:

i took mine today too :) i thought it was cool that we could see our scores as soon as we finished :)

my scores weren't as high as yours but they were higher than i expected. is the oat being graded differently this year? i thought 320-330 ranges were good, but are the percentages more important? my bio score was 340, and the percentage was 82%. i dont know if thats good or bad

idoc2b said:
i took mine today too :) i thought it was cool that we could see our scores as soon as we finished :)

my scores weren't as high as yours but they were higher than i expected. is the oat being graded differently this year? i thought 320-330 ranges were good, but are the percentages more important? my bio score was 340, and the percentage was 82%. i dont know if thats good or bad

Hi there,

At the end of my exam, I got a print out of my score report from the testing center. On this piece of paper it saids: "Only the standard scores are reported to the optometry schools. Through the use of standard scores, it is possible to compare the the performance of examinees taking different editions of the Optometry Admissions Test." I was also very confused about the percentile and standard scores until I read this. It looks like opt schools only see the standard scores (200-400) and a 340 is excellent.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rusunn said:
Hey all,

I took the computerized OAT today: Nov. 7, 2005

The science (bio,chem,orgo,phys) questions were VERY similar to the Kaplan OAT diagnosic, midterm, and final but kaplan's was much harder. However, the math section on the real oat was alot harder than i expected and it was probably on the same level as the math section for kaplan's midterm and final. The RC section also was on the same level as kaplan (in my opinion) and my passages was on comets/asteriods, screening for diseases, and Quantum mechanics (the Bose-Einstein condensate). If anyone has any specific questions about the test, feel free to ask me!

Those are some seriously impressive scores. I beat you on academic average though ;)

AA 380
TS 390

scalded said:
Those are some seriously impressive scores. I beat you on academic average though ;)

AA 380
TS 390

Really good scores. Where are you applying?
I wonder if computerized OAT scores are higher than the written scores.

3eb4me said:
I wonder if computerized OAT scores are higher than the written scores.

They are both scaled in like manners. You have 10 minutes extra to work on the computerized RCT though. :luck: