I want to signing up for anatomy but I'm midway through the app process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1130038

Basically I want to take anatomy because I never did, but I have very much graduated from college, so its not like I just added a class to my senior year transcript. I know its fraud to not report all classes, so I'm not sure how to go about this other than update all schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn’t worry about it until you have completed the course and received a grade. If you end up having to apply again, it will be part of your transcript then.

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn’t worry about it until you have completed the course and received a grade. If you end up having to apply again, it will be part of your transcript then.
But if i get in this cycle it can be fine without reporting?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can certainly send an update with your grade, but seriously nobody will care. You are being admitted based on what you have already done, not on any future accomplishments.

Reactions: 1 user
No. You will need to submit all transcripts from all schools to the med school you matriculate at. Until then, you are fine. One post-bacc class is not going to change anything mid-cycle, no matter how well or poorly you do.

The alternative would be to just not do it if you are not already enrolled, since it IS a basic first year class that you will be taking once you enroll in med school, so you are kind of wasting time and money pursuing this now for no particular reason.

No. You will need to submit all transcripts from all schools to the med school you matriculate at. Until then, you are fine. One post-bacc class is not going to change anything mid-cycle, no matter how well or poorly you do.

The alternative would be to just not do it if you are not already enrolled, since it IS a basic first year class that you will be taking once you enroll in med school, so you are kind of wasting time and money pursuing this now for no particular reason.
thats definitely true. ive heard that its really hard to start without anatomy so i was thinking it would be smart to take it, but probably smarter logistically to just hold off.

Reactions: 1 user
thats definitely true. ive heard that its really hard to start without anatomy so i was thinking it would be smart to take it, but probably smarter logistically to just hold off.
Yes. Honestly, it will be far better for you to just avoid the issue altogether.

A LOT of people enter med school without ever having taken an anatomy course. If you are REALLY nervous about it, why not just find some resources, online or in print, free or paid, and self study without spending the money to take a class, or feeling the pressure to do well because someone is going to be receiving a transcript at some point in the future? This is exactly what I would do if I was in your shoes.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes. Honestly, it will be far better for you to just avoid the issue altogether.

A LOT of people enter med school without ever having taken an anatomy course. If you are REALLY nervous about it, why not just find some resources, online or in print, free or paid, and self study without spending the money to take a class, or feeling the pressure to do well because someone is going to be receiving a transcript at some point in the future? This is exactly what I would do if I was in your shoes.
yeah i think ill do coursera, as then its also free!