I want to withdraw from Match...Your Help Please......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whiteabbas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a spot in Orthodontic residency in a non match program... I tried to withdraw from Match but I could not do it cause the The ROLIC system will not be open till November 4th, is there any other way to do this ... Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I got a spot in Orthodontic residency in a non match program... I tried to withdraw from Match but I could not do it cause the The ROLIC system will not be open till November 4th, is there any other way to do this ... Thanks

Hey whiteabbas! Congrats! I got into a non-match program too. What my program did was send them an email stating I was going to withdraw from MATCH on November 4th, as written correspondence. From there, when MATCH opens on November 4th I would give them a screen shot or written documentation stating I withdrew from MATCH. Email your program director or secretary and see what they say.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys, I have a same situation. I got matched in Pediatric residency program in a non-match program. I had registered in match already. Now how to withdraw from the match? I Think I cant withdraw untill the deadline opens up to for the phase 2? I need help.. Please- guide me.

Sorry I should say, I got accepted in a non match program...

You have to wait until the ROLIC system opens up for Phase II, it should say when you can do it in the MATCH instructions. I think on the instructions it says December 16th is the earliest date you can withdraw from MATCH. My program made me send them an email stating that once Dec 16th hits, I will voluntarily withdraw from MATCH