-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***Official 2026 PERIO PASS/interviews/match/non-match information***
Started by jreed0102
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
UKDentist2024
Full Member
Hi! I was looking to see if anyone had created a thread - so thank you for doing this!
Good luck to everyone applying this year.
Starting off the questions with something basic... how long should a personal statement be? I find there isn't much guidance on personal statements so wondering if anyone has any advice
Good luck to everyone applying this year.
Starting off the questions with something basic... how long should a personal statement be? I find there isn't much guidance on personal statements so wondering if anyone has any advice
I don't know of any special guidelines to go by. But one of the current perio residents at my school (UofL) sent me his and it is a little less than 2 pages. Mine is 2 and a half, double-spaced. I'd say make it long enough to show you put in effort and short enough to keep it concise and to the point. If anyone else has any suggestions, please addHi! I was looking to see if anyone had created a thread - so thank you for doing this!
Good luck to everyone applying this year.
Starting off the questions with something basic... how long should a personal statement be? I find there isn't much guidance on personal statements so wondering if anyone has any advice
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year, I was told to write around a page single spaced. I wouldnt go anywhere near 2 pages single spaced fs so I agree.I don't know of any special guidelines to go by. But one of the current perio residents at my school (UofL) sent me his and it is a little less than 2 pages. Mine is 2 and a half, double-spaced. I'd say make it long enough to show you put in effort and short enough to keep it concise and to the point. If anyone else has any suggestions, please add
The document below is a resident-led effort to improve transparency and professionalism in the periodontics residency application process. By providing clear, accessible information, we aim to reduce reliance on word-of-mouth and forums like SDN—helping applicants make informed, confident decisions as they search for the right program. Feel free to check it out and best of luck to you guys this year!
docs.google.com
Perio Residency Program Guide – Applicant Resource 2025
Perio Residency Program Guide – Applicant Resource 2025 (Last updated: 06/07/25) Purpose: This document is a collective effort by current periodontics residents to bring greater transparency and professionalism to the perio residency application and interview process. Our goal is to move beyond ...
UKDentist2024
Full Member
gosh a single page sounds like nothing! I need to really get mine down then haha it’s just under 2 pages currentlyLast year, I was told to write around a page single spaced. I wouldnt go anywhere near 2 pages single spaced fs so I agree.
UKDentist2024
Full Member
Thank you for this! So so helpful 🙏🏽The document below is a resident-led effort to improve transparency and professionalism in the periodontics residency application process. By providing clear, accessible information, we aim to reduce reliance on word-of-mouth and forums like SDN—helping applicants make informed, confident decisions as they search for the right program. Feel free to check it out and best of luck to you guys this year!
![]()
Perio Residency Program Guide – Applicant Resource 2025
Perio Residency Program Guide – Applicant Resource 2025 (Last updated: 06/07/25) Purpose: This document is a collective effort by current periodontics residents to bring greater transparency and professionalism to the perio residency application and interview process. Our goal is to move beyond ...docs.google.com
UKDentist2024
Full Member
if anyone has applied to UIC have they received an acknowledgement email of their application to them? submitted a few weeks ago and haven't heard back but I did last year when I applied so wanted to check..
jamowilliams391
New Member
any updates on interviews?
soft_tissue.girly
Full Member
Hey guys! Need some help, the ADEA website says that UNC requires a supplemental application - idk if I'm missing something but I haven't received an email and I can't find a link or anything anywhere on their site. I've sent emails to a few figureheads but heard nothing back. Anyone know anything?
soft_tissue.girly
Full Member
I applied too, made a spreadsheet of schools I got verification from. I haven't gotten one from them.if anyone has applied to UIC have they received an acknowledgement email of their application to them? submitted a few weeks ago and haven't heard back but I did last year when I applied so wanted to check..
soft_tissue.girly
Full Member
It's still pretty early, I personally haven't heard anything yet!Hi everyone,
Has anyone started receiving interview invites for Perio this cycle? I'd appreciate it if you could share the schools and the dates you heard back.
Wishing everyone the best of luck!
How much does a perio make nowadays?
UKDentist2024
Full Member
I also haven't received a supplemental application or heard back from them.. Has anyone also experienced this with Nova Southeastern University? PASS states supplemental application and fee but I've not heard anything since applyingHey guys! Need some help, the ADEA website says that UNC requires a supplemental application - idk if I'm missing something but I haven't received an email and I can't find a link or anything anywhere on their site. I've sent emails to a few figureheads but heard nothing back. Anyone know anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PerioRez2026
New Member
You would be stupid not to apply to the VA (Indy, NY, LA) programs. Stipend residency, $65k and you do a **** more clinical procedures than university programs. I'm currently a VA resident now and we blow our university counterpart out of the water in the amount of procedures (sinus lifts, implants, soft tissue grafting) we do. If you like a slow paced residency where you sit around discussing perio papers, university programs are the way to go. If youre motivated and and want to get a good clinical experience, VA programs are the way to go. And no you are not committing to the military, it's just a residency. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.
Last edited:
(07/17) University of Iowa- Interviews on 08/22
I’ve heard the VA program really likes applicants with some experience, not as much fresh dental graduates. Do you feel like this is true?You would be stupid not to apply to the VA (Indy, NY, LA) programs. Stipend residency, $65k and you do a **** more clinical procedures than university programs. I'm currently a VA resident now and we blow our university counterpart out of the water in the amount of procedures (sinus lifts, implants, soft tissue grafting) we do. If you like a slow paced residency where you sit around discussing perio papers, university programs are the way to go. If youre motivated and and want to get a good clinical experience, VA programs are the way to go. And no you are not committing to the military, it's just a residency. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.
PerioRez2026
New Member
Past experience would be nice, but not a necessity. GPR is not a requirement.I’ve heard the VA program really likes applicants with some experience, not as much fresh dental graduates. Do you feel like this is true?
We've had many past residents straight out of dental school. The key was their willingness and eagerness to learn on their own. They were some of the best residents. In fact the perio resident who just graduated was fresh out of school and i couldn't have asked for a better mentor from a senior resident. I think the most important quality is how motivated they are to learn. There isn't hand holding here.
UKDentist2024
Full Member
For anyone applying to the University of Florida - the supplemental application is this the general graduate application that’s linked on the website or something separate? As the the general graduate application seems to require everything you would’ve uploaded onto PASS anyway personal statement, letters of recommendation etc
soft_tissue.girly
Full Member
It's the one linked on their site as you said, it's a little redundant but you've got itFor anyone applying to the University of Florida - the supplemental application is this the general graduate application that’s linked on the website or something separate? As the the general graduate application seems to require everything you would’ve uploaded onto PASS anyway personal statement, letters of recommendation etc
D
deleted1222044
Any updates about interviews invites ?
Has OSU and University of Florida started with the invites???
FYI tuition for UConn being raised to 45k (from 25k). Stipend remains 25k.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Toothbetold_22
New Member
Wow, thank you for that information. That’s a huge raise.
Toothbetold_22
New Member
Has UW sent invites already?
Should be easier to keep track if all dates are being updated in a single post:
Ohio State- 08/08
Temple Interview- 8/18
Iowa- 08/22
UDM- 09/05
Kentucky- 09/09
Ohio State- 08/08
Temple Interview- 8/18
Iowa- 08/22
UDM- 09/05
Kentucky- 09/09
D
deleted1222044
any news about Rutgers?
For Rutgers, the interview is tomorrow.
Last edited:
soft_tissue.girly
Full Member
any update from BU?
nynick7
New Member
In the email sent after I completed my supplemental application, I was told the interview invites would go out 1-2 weeks after the application deadline of August 1st.For Rutgers, the interview is tomorrow.
D
deleted1222044
Does Rutgers have supplemental application ? It shows that they do not have one in ADEA PASSIn the email sent after I completed my supplemental application, I was told the interview invites would go out 1-2 weeks after the application deadline of August 1st.
nynick7
New Member
Sorry I meant the supplemental fee.Does Rutgers have supplemental application ? It shows that they do not have one in ADEA PASS
BatmanAMR
New Member
I received an email today from VCU saying “Applications will be reviewed by the admissions committee following the August 1, 2025 deadline. Please note interviews are by invitation only.” Not much of an update but wanted to share if it helps you.Any update for VCU and UPenn?
I received it on Monday, and there is no supplemental application, just fees.In the email sent after I completed my supplemental application, I was told the interview invites would go out 1-2 weeks after the application deadline of August 1st.
periohopeful
New Member
any updates on UW?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tennessee interview invite today!
Buffalo interview invite as well!
D
deleted1222044
When was it sent ?Buffalo interview invite as well!
Earlier todayWhen was it sent ?
uptowncoco26
New Member
Thoughts on the University of Tennessee program?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 238
- Views
- 45K
- Replies
- 85
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 8K
- Replies
- 405
- Views
- 178K
- Replies
- 321
- Views
- 218K