I want to withdraw my already verified AMCAS without MCAT score!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

milnila

Reaction score
I haven't taken my mcat and didn't want to rush it so want to withdraw but can't since it's already verified. I mean schools don't even look at my app without MCAT score and wouldn't make sense to be considered reapplicant next year. So what to do next?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't taken my mcat and didn't want to rush it so want to withdraw but can't since it's already verified. I mean schools don't even look at my app without MCAT score and wouldn't make sense to be considered reapplicant next year. So what to do next?
Why did you submit without having the MCAT score, and therefore know which schools you would be competitive for? How many schools are we talking about?

Once it's in, I don't think it matters whether or not you withdraw, because either way an application in a subsequent year will be considered a reapplication by definition. I really don't think a reapplication is the end of the world, but at this point I'm not sure there is anything to do next, other than reapply.

Reactions: 1 user

If you are not ready for the MCAT, applying next year is the way to go. You’ll be labeled as a reapplicant so Im not sure what to suggest on that but im sure there’s past threads on here for similar situations. It also depends on how good your MCAT score is when you end up taking it

Members don't see this ad :)
Once verified you cannot withdraw through the AMCAS website and you cannot get a refund of any money expended. Your only recourse is to let each school know individually that you wish to withdraw from further consideration during the 2019-2020 cycle. No explanation is necessary.

You will be a reapplicant at any school you included on this year's Primary application, whether or not you completed the Secondary.

Reactions: 6 users
This is why people get verified at a throw away school.

Reactions: 8 users
This is why people get verified at a throw away school.
**** man that's why I initially did then then doc I work with made it seem like it was better to get my app infant of people's eyes so I went ahead and added schools

• Sad
**** man that's why I initially did then then doc I work with made it seem like it was better to get my app infant of people's eyes so I went ahead and added schools
How many???? Those are the only ones you will be a reapplicant at.

Very, very few physicians have any idea how this process works.
It will be no consolation to you but they come up with equally weak strategies for their own kids...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Sorry you received horrible advice. For this next app cycle I recommend you receive advice from SDN and adcoms only. A lot of well meaning people give bad advice in med school admissions because they're so far removed from the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
I wonder if adcoms see any difference between a reapplicant who has been flatly rejected in the past and one who withdrew their application previously?

Either way, plenty of reapplicants get into med school, so just focus on doing well on the MCAT and submitting early next year.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if adcoms see any difference between a reapplicant who has been flatly rejected in the past and one who withdrew their application previously?

Either way, plenty of reapplicants get into med school, so just focus on doing well on the MCAT and submitting early next year.
My thoughts exactly. I don't think being a reapplicant because you weren't ready to submit a secondary is the same as because your completed application was reviewed and rejected. In any event, it's certainly not worth lying about, since it is so easy to check.

That works, too, but you might be subject to constant reminder emails that get fairly annoying after #4 or #5.
Do schools send out reminder emails? I guess I filled all of mine out within two weeks....but I cannot see what the purpose of reminder emails would be?

1566326299631.png

Also, I am sorry for your bad day....

Once verified you cannot withdraw through the AMCAS website and you cannot get a refund of any money expended. Your only recourse is to let each school know individually that you wish to withdraw from further consideration during the 2019-2020 cycle. No explanation is necessary.

You will be a reapplicant at any school you included on this year's Primary application, whether or not you completed the Secondary.
Disregard. Cannot click that button.