I was accepted last December

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tooth12

Reaction score
First, I was accepted last December to Dental school. Yah!!! I am currently completing a master degree and currently in my last semester. In my interview they informed me I needed to complete the master with a 3.3 GPA because my undergrad was 2.7.
Well, yetursdsy I was notified by the school that I was accused of plagiarism and placed on academic probation. I also received a bad grade in the course so I’ll have to retake it. So do I go ahead and inform the school or try and retake the course? I feel like I should inform the school.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
First, I was accepted last December to Dental school. Yah!!! I am currently completing a master degree and currently in my last semester. In my interview they informed me I needed to complete the master with a 3.3 GPA because my undergrad was 2.7.
Well, yetursdsy I was notified by the school that I was accused of plagiarism and placed on academic probation. I also received a bad grade in the course so I’ll have to retake it. So do I go ahead and inform the school or try and retake the course? I feel like I should inform the school.
You seem overly nonchalant about this... Is the accusation accurate?....

I would inform the dental school. When would you retake the course? We're almost at the end of spring and dental schools start in the fall, and do not accept/allow summer courses (some will specify this on their site).

Reactions: 3 users
You seem overly nonchalant about this... Is the accusation accurate?....

I would inform the dental school. When would you retake the course? We're almost at the end of spring and dental schools start in the fall, and do not accept/allow summer courses (some will specify this on their site).
Your wrong about Dental
School. I just wondering if I’ll loose my seat.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would disclose this to the school you were accepted to ASAP. Depending on the outcome of the accusation, they may take back your seat

Last edited:
Your wrong about Dental
School. I just wondering if I’ll loose my seat.
Unfortunately, a strong possibility unless you are acquitted. Being placed on academic probation pretty much means you have an IA placed on you months before starting dental school, and that's not good. You HAVE to report this.

Is the accusation true? are you able to fight it? this is a huge deal and could cost you that seat.

OP, beyond costing you your seat this fall, this may have completely ruined your chances of ever becoming a dentist. You had a poor undergrad record you tried to repair with a masters degree, and then this happened. In all seriousness, you may need to think about alternative career options if you do in fact lose your seat.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 2 users