I was in the shower thinking...

Started by GizmoDVM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GizmoDVM

Searching
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have been thinking for a while of doing a co-op, but while I was in the shower today a new idea struck me: could I gain state residency during a co-op?

If I did a co-op my work semesters would be summer '11, spring '12 and fall '12. This means that during 2012 I would be working almost all year and only be in school for the summer. I would still technically be enrolled in school, but would be working (and making money) for the entirety of the spring and fall semesters.

I would most likely be working in Georgia (happens to be where Tech has most of its connections, go figure 😉) and to become a resident of Georgia you must live there for a year without the primary purpose of residing there being for schooling. My question is: do you believe this would count?

I'm probably going to do the co-op either way but I want to know if I should start the process of changing my voter registration and license from CT to GA? I wouldn't want to lose my chance for a CT contract seat and have nothing if this wouldn't give me residency in GA.

Also, who would I contact at the school about this question?