I was looking at articles on pubmed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulM.D.

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what if your name was listed on this publication.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=Pager&DB=pubmed

Chen J, Call GB, Beyer E, Bui C, Cespedes A, Chan A, Chan J, Chan S, Chhabra A, Dang P, Deravanesian A, Hermogeno B, Jen J, Kim E, Lee E, Lewis G, Marshall J, Regalia K, Shadpour F, Shemmassian A, Spivey K, Wells M, Wu J, Yamauchi Y, Yavari A, Abrams A, Abramson A, Amado L, Anderson J, Bashour K, Bibikova E, Bookatz A, Brewer S, Buu N, Calvillo S, Cao J, Chang A, Chang D, Chang Y, Chen Y, Choi J, Chou J, Datta S, Davarifar A, Desai P, Fabrikant J, Farnad S, Fu K, Garcia E, Garrone N, Gasparyan S, Gayda P, Goffstein C, Gonzalez C, Guirguis M, Hassid R, Hong A, Hong J, Hovestreydt L, Hu C, Jamshidian F, Kahen K, Kao L, Kelley M, Kho T, Kim S, Kim Y, Kirkpatrick B, Kohan E, Kwak R, Langenbacher A, Laxamana S, Lee C, Lee J, Lee SY, Lee TH, Lee T, Lezcano S, Lin H, Lin P, Luu J, Luu T, Marrs W, Marsh E, Min S, Minasian T, Misra A, Morimoto M, Moshfegh Y, Murray J, Nguyen C, Nguyen K, Nodado E 2nd, O'Donahue A, Onugha N, Orjiakor N, Padhiar B, Pavel-Dinu M, Pavlenko A, Paz E, Phaklides S, Pham L, Poulose P, Powell R, Pusic A, Ramola D, Ribbens M, Rifai B, Rosselli D, Saakyan M, Saarikoski P, Segura M, Singh R, Singh V, Skinner E, Solomin D, Soneji K, Stageberg E, Stavchanskiy M, Tekchandani L, Thai L, Thiyanaratnam J, Tong M, Toor A, Tovar S, Trangsrud K, Tsang WY, Uemura M, Unkovic M, Vollmer E, Weiss E, Wood D, Wu S, Wu W, Xu Q, Yackle K, Yarosh W, Yee L, Yen G, Alkin G, Go S, Huff DM, Minye H, Paul E, Villarasa N, Milchanowski A, Banerjee U.

Related Articles, Links
Free in PMC

Discovery-based science education: functional genomic dissection in Drosophila by undergraduate researchers.
PLoS Biol. 2005 Feb;3(2):e59. No abstract available.
PMID: 15719063 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

You write on your amcas application..

I was the um...like the 40th name on that list. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

either way, you've got a publication. i wouldn't mind being last on that list.

almost looks like the point of that was to get those people published

Do you think the lady that came in everyday to take the trash out is also in that list? :p

Members don't see this ad :)
what if your name was listed on this publication.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=Pager&DB=pubmed

Chen J, Call GB, Beyer E, Bui C, Cespedes A, Chan A, Chan J, Chan S, Chhabra A, Dang P, Deravanesian A, Hermogeno B, Jen J, Kim E, Lee E, Lewis G, Marshall J, Regalia K, Shadpour F, Shemmassian A, Spivey K, Wells M, Wu J, Yamauchi Y, Yavari A, Abrams A, Abramson A, Amado L, Anderson J, Bashour K, Bibikova E, Bookatz A, Brewer S, Buu N, Calvillo S, Cao J, Chang A, Chang D, Chang Y, Chen Y, Choi J, Chou J, Datta S, Davarifar A, Desai P, Fabrikant J, Farnad S, Fu K, Garcia E, Garrone N, Gasparyan S, Gayda P, Goffstein C, Gonzalez C, Guirguis M, Hassid R, Hong A, Hong J, Hovestreydt L, Hu C, Jamshidian F, Kahen K, Kao L, Kelley M, Kho T, Kim S, Kim Y, Kirkpatrick B, Kohan E, Kwak R, Langenbacher A, Laxamana S, Lee C, Lee J, Lee SY, Lee TH, Lee T, Lezcano S, Lin H, Lin P, Luu J, Luu T, Marrs W, Marsh E, Min S, Minasian T, Misra A, Morimoto M, Moshfegh Y, Murray J, Nguyen C, Nguyen K, Nodado E 2nd, O'Donahue A, Onugha N, Orjiakor N, Padhiar B, Pavel-Dinu M, Pavlenko A, Paz E, Phaklides S, Pham L, Poulose P, Powell R, Pusic A, Ramola D, Ribbens M, Rifai B, Rosselli D, Saakyan M, Saarikoski P, Segura M, Singh R, Singh V, Skinner E, Solomin D, Soneji K, Stageberg E, Stavchanskiy M, Tekchandani L, Thai L, Thiyanaratnam J, Tong M, Toor A, Tovar S, Trangsrud K, Tsang WY, Uemura M, Unkovic M, Vollmer E, Weiss E, Wood D, Wu S, Wu W, Xu Q, Yackle K, Yarosh W, Yee L, Yen G, Alkin G, Go S, Huff DM, Minye H, Paul E, Villarasa N, Milchanowski A, Banerjee U.

Related Articles, Links
Free in PMC

Discovery-based science education: functional genomic dissection in Drosophila by undergraduate researchers.
PLoS Biol. 2005 Feb;3(2):e59. No abstract available.
PMID: 15719063 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

You write on your amcas application..

I was the um...like the 40th name on that list. :laugh:

In fact many higher-level undergraduate research laboratory classes do end up publishing a paper. I am in one of these classes myself (we have about 13 students), and I am pretty sure that there is a genetics class in my school that does the same thing. However, we generate original data and carry out the entire scientific process, do correlation, loss of function, gain of function experiments and generate original data as well as fresh out of the microscope pictures!

I would have no objection to publishing a paper, exept the whole entire meat of THIS paper is the USAGE of undergraduates to publish a paper! How lame is that? They came up with no original data and the whole paper is about how to do research online and gather data from already done research??? The figures in their paper is that of undergraduates looking though a microscope and pictures that they got from a database (oh, how enlightening!). So, I would assume that the teacher would be the first author instead of the pretty much ridiculous reality, that they are listing their test subjects as the authors of the paper. And there is something as co-first author, so I guess they have about 40 of them... Hey, looks pretty impressive in the resume (co-first author of a publication).

either way, you've got a publication. i wouldn't mind being last on that list.

almost looks like the point of that was to get those people published

For this reason, most publications now limit the number of authors. In a list that long, if you are not one of the first two, most people will assume the input to the paper/project you had was fairly insubstantial. Obviously the last name is the PI.

i'm on the list, too...yeeeaaah, the whole point was pretty much to get us published. eh, still counts, though.