MISTAKE ON APPLICATION THAT WAS JUST SUBMITTED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icedamericanopls

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just submitted my application and found that I accidentally categorized one of my activities as "clinical volunteer" when I wanted it to be actually "nonclinical volunteer".

This mistake reduced my nonclinical hours from ~600 hrs to ~80 hours :(

What can I do at this point...? Feeling so devastated.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I'm sorry for what happened. You could try contacting the application service, but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get an ideal response. Typically, once you submit, you can not edit your application.

However, as long as your activity description clearly shows what you did, the adcom may automatically understand the activity was meant to be non clinical, not clinical.

Good luck!

Hi,

I'm sorry for what happened. You could try contacting the application service, but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get an ideal response. Typically, once you submit, you can not edit your application.

However, as long as your activity description clearly shows what you did, the adcom may automatically understand the activity was meant to be non clinical, not clinical.

Good luck!

Thank you for your response! Do you suggest sending emails to schools on the day that my application gets transmitted?

I am so sad because this experience is where I organized events for an org that hosts musical concerts at hospitals for patients & I did not or barely had any interaction with the patients. But, I thought it could sound clinical due to its setting and that was why I thought the classification was so important,,, :(

Members don't see this ad :)
No one is gonna auto screen out your application for this. And as stated above, they’ll know what you meant. You can also talk about it in secondaries to make it more clear.

I’d be more worried about coming off as careless.

Reactions: 1 users
While not ideal, mistakes happen and won’t kill your application. After I submitted I found several grammatical errors on my secondaries. Explain them should they come up during interviews. Otherwise nothing.

Reactions: 1 user
Hashtag PSA: Do NOT rush to submit your application on May 30th!

No, you don't need to contact the admissions office. This is why we screen. (We don't have eyes on your application at this point.)

The following does not happen if you prompt us:

"Admissions staff:
Recalculate this candidate's experience hours.
Sincerely, Admissions dean"

Admissions office:
Panic Omg GIF

Just proofread better.

Reactions: 1 user
Welp... this is why we tell people every year not to submit on the first day. It feels bad, but somebody has to be the example every year.

FWIW, this is not a fatal error and likely won't even be noticed. This is not going to make the difference between you getting in or not.

Reactions: 1 users