I was thinking about medschool

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

THEERITH

Reaction score
Hi everyone I just wanna introduce my short I am an third generation oversea Chinese in Thailand . I was born and raised in Thailand in my whole life but able to speak both Thai Chinese and English very fluently I have no language barrier now I am in clinical years. I was thinking I gonna drop out from med school because I can't tolerate the lifestyle during med school such as wake up early in the morning and stay at the hospital late for night shift and my biggest concern is I see no future here as a doctor in Thailand if you take a look in health care system in Thailand is more like a third world I think there is no different between Thailand and some country in Africa. the salary is quite low usually doctor in Thailand earn 40,000 bath per month compare to normal bachelor degree who earn 15,000 bath per month(no shift no call) so I kind na desperate. I don't no what to do next anyone got any idea feel free to discuss. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Can’t speak to countries whose doctors may or may not be compensated “fairly” depending on who you ask, but if it’s not about the money then you need to ask yourself what you get out of medicine. Is it the thinking through problems? Is it the gratification you get from seeing a sick patient and making them well? Is it the thanks you get from your patients, knowing you’ve made a difference in their lives? Is it the prestige? Is it actually the money?

Those whose choose medicine for the status don’t go far in it. There are many more lucrative white collar professions that offer better pay and better hours.

Reactions: 1 user