I was wondering if someone can offer some suggestions to the following question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gerrychahal

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am busy filling out the supplemental application for a medical school and I need some help/suggestions on the following question:
1) What do you see as the most significant issue the medical profession will face in the next forty years?

-I am thinking of answering this question with the focus on ethics and morality. With new technologies and methods being created, ie., gene mapping and DNA cloning, the knowledge can be useful and on the other hand be very used for wrong purposes. Therefore, questions as to what extent the technologies will be used for will surface.

If anyone has any suggestions please post them or email me at [email protected]
This application is due on Friday Jan 4th/2002.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like a good topic although you better write quickly. I would do a search on the internet for articles that might give you some good insight on how to approach such an essay.

Good luck.

I posted a similar thread on "what is the biggest issue in medicine". Look at it. There are some pretty good things in it.

i can think of quite a few responses to that question, and yours is as good as any. there is no right answer to this question. so, rather than looking for the 'best' answer, i would take the time you have to focus on the one you came up with yourself. your chances of writing convincingly and fluidly are a lot higher if you understand/believe in the issue you highlight. if there were a single right answer, they wouldn't ask this question - how boring!