I wonder how this idiot got into pharmacy school ...

Started by UofMN2010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UofMN2010

Hockey is life
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know if anyone has seen this but I was absolutely appalled at what I saw. I found the link on theangrIESTpharmacist.com (aka the shameful wanna be of the original Angry Pharmacist). I hope this is a joke and not really a pharmacy student because if it is, I feel bad for anyone he counsels. :wow:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1814027

Are there really pharm students out there like this? If so, God help their future patients !!
 
Last edited:
If it's a faculty member at a school who posted this to that site, it's unprofessional to release student assignments without their knowledge...

I'm not going to pass judgment. We don't know the context- if it's a joke or not, or if this was a first-year trying to participate in a counseling competition such as APhA's where you don't really need much drug knowledge to partake in (more than that, though). This student just needs a LOT of training.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To be honest, there must be people like that. I know of people in my class who had to redo a required consultation due to too many mistakes.

There are some people in pharmacy school with questionable verbal communication skills. They get through the interview but any one-on-one interaction is sketchy. Like FruitFly said, however, I'm not really going to pass judgment without knowing if this movie is fake or not.

I had to do a mock consultation for a patient using Zocor too. That person is not me though.😀
 
When people are being videotaped and everything they say is then put under a microscope for further review....they tend to get all wonky with the logic and ability to speak. I'd bet in real life, the kid is just fine.
 
Looked like the patient counseling competition. I forget which pharmacy org is in charge of that. It could be a mockery for use in an ad for the school competition. Or it could be a 1st year who's just 2 months into school when they held the school competition. Who knows.
 
"The adverse reaction of lisinopril and Zocor can be death." Pure gold :laugh:

Yea that was a good one. :laugh:

I suppose this could be a result of nerves but if thats the case then this kid definetly needs some benzos or something. :scared:

The more I watch it the more sympathy I have for the poor kid but my initial reaction was mostly intense disbelief that anyone could really be this awkward and COMPLETELY wrong about everything they say.
 
to me it looks like a spoof video - one done to show first years how not to counsel.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During one of our presentations during our last year, we had a student insist that pravachol was an ACEI. She even argued with her partner who was like ""umm, yeahhh." Anyway, she is currently a resident now lol.
 
This was PAINFUL to watch. I hope it was a spoof, but the "pharmacist's" awkwardness seems too real to be faked. I can't believe I sat all the way through it.
 
Is it just me, or did those kids look like...about age 12...
or am I just getting *really* old?