IB or AP curriculum for high school prep for accelerated MD programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajayya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which is the way to pursue the accelerated MD programs? My daugher is in AP curriculum? Should I make her switch to IB? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Umm.....you might want to post this in the allopathic (MD) forum, this is the osteopathic (DO). Or you could wait around until the magical Nate fairy places it where it needs to go.

Just curious but why do you want her to stress in high school. Just let her enjoy her time. The IB programs are just so much for young kids. It wears them out early. She is still young yet. Let her enjoy high school and go the normal route of college. There is no reason to accelerate her life so much.

That is just my personal mom opinion. My son was so stressed in the IB program as were a whole lot of his classmates. We pulled him out of it and enjoyed the rest of high school. They are only young once. Just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
As a former IB student. If she wants to do IB then let her do it but don't pressure her to change. How old is she like 15-that is too young to be planning your medical career in my opinion. I enjoyed the classes because they were interesting and challenging but the stress was overwhelming. I don't think it is worth it just to skip a couple of courses in college if that is your only motivation. If the teachers are better than that is another story - Let her be a happy normal teenager...this whole medical process is hard enough without having that imense pressure in high school.