ICO acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MariaMaria

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many students have already been accepted to ICO thus far?

Also I was interviewed two weeks ago and they said their committee is meeting today, the 24th to go over everything. For anyone that was accepted or denied admissions, does that mean we should know today or tomorrow or next week? How fast do they get back to us?

Members don't see this ad.

For me they also met on a Thursday and I got my letter on Monday. But I also am going to school in western Iowa so that's a little ways away from Chicago...good luck!!

wow!! they said they were meeting today!?? NOW IM GETTING SUPER EXCITED bc i took my OATs on saturday, and I bet they got the scores by now since someone told me it took 2-4 business days. Now i'm sure they'll deliberate and send me that acceptance or rejection letter!!! I JUST WANT TO KNOW SO BAD!!!!!!

i bet i'll go crazy and check my mail every single day from monday and on...

BTW.. i had the same question too... like how many seats are estimated to fill up by this time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I wouldn't get excited to assume they got your scores that fast. When I had my interview two weeks ago they didn't have my scores in yet and I had taken the OAT 8 days prior to that day. For you it may be different but for me it took longer than 4 days for sure.

Can I ask you your stats? You can PM me if you want.

wow!! they said they were meeting today!?? NOW IM GETTING SUPER EXCITED bc i took my OATs on saturday, and I bet they got the scores by now since someone told me it took 2-4 business days. Now i'm sure they'll deliberate and send me that acceptance or rejection letter!!! I JUST WANT TO KNOW SO BAD!!!!!!

i bet i'll go crazy and check my mail every single day from monday and on...

BTW.. i had the same question too... like how many seats are estimated to fill up by this time?

yeah.. did you email or call them to look for the scores?? I emailed them and they emailed back saying they are keeping their eye out for it bc i think schools can download the scores from the website. (from what i hear from other kids on this forum) When i told the admissions lady that I'm taking the OAT in january... she just told me to make sure i tell them that the test was taken and to expect the scores.

anywayy... i'm a 3rd year undergrad, 3.75 prereq gpa, 3.64 cum, and TS 350 AA 340. I felt like my interview went REALLY well...... I also interviewed back in november and got the invite to interview in september. I think I might email them again to see if they're going to download the scores or something.

does anyone know how often the committee meets? do they meet like every week or 2 weeks or something to deliberate?

Hey guys, I also interviewed about 2 weeks ago (on the 10th)! I am becoming so impatient waiting for a response.

btw, they said that they meet every 2 weeks. Also I did my OATs on jan 4 and at my interview Teresa told me that if they receive my OATs before the admissions staff meets then everything is good but if they dont then they will have to hold my application until they get the official scores which can take up to 3 weeks.

I emailed them last week to ask if they received my official scores and they told me that they did. So it took about 2 weeks for them to get it.

I hope that insight helps! If i get accepted to ICO im going there for sure!

Still no word! I hate waiting. What if they don't even tell us today. You guys think it would be horrible to call and ask them when I should know or should I just calm down and just CHILL!!!!!

yeah!! if i get in... i'll go there FOR SURE!! best of luck guys..

i have a feeling that ill have to wait until the next deliberation.... i took my OAT on the 19th. :(

i'm gonna call them just to ask if my application is complete..which would mean they got or didnt get my scores.

if they mail it out today.. it'll probably arrive in a couple days depending on where you live. so... maybe just wait??

Don't you think we'll get the answer via email too and not just the mail?

i kind of doubt it...

just because we got the invite to interview via email.. and not letter. (so in only one form)

i know for sure that they send out the acceptances by letter... so now i don't think they'll bother with the emails to let us know. just requires too much work i'm thinking...

Maybe they stopped doing this, but I got a phone call the same day the admissions committee met. A letter followed the following week in the mail.

Did you apply for the 2008 cycle? And for ICO I presume correct?

Maybe they stopped doing this, but I got a phone call the same day the admissions committee met. A letter followed the following week in the mail.

really!!???? that is so awesome! I like that personal touch to it! I pray for a miracle that my scores got in before their committee meeting..

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a phone call the same day the committee met (during the 2008 cycle), but I know other people this cycle who didn't get calls and had to wait for a letter, so I don't know why they call some people and don't call others. No acceptances via e-mail, though.

Well I hope that things work out for everyone here!!

I'm all the way in Canada so im sure a lot of you will get your letters before me!! LET US KNOW HOW EVERYTHING WORKED OUT FOR EVERYONE NEXT WEEK!!

I have my SUNY acceptance but ICO is my first choice (havn't even paid the deposit for SUNY yet)

Hope for the best broncos24..I hope to see you at ICO!!

I also got my acceptance via a phone call...and got a letter in the mail a few weeks later...mind you, it was pretty close to Christmas, so I guess they figured that giving the good news before Christmas via a phone call would be a great touch, instead of waiting a few weeks after.....

good luck everyone:thumbup:

i called admissions, and they told me they received my scores TODAYYYYY!!!! i missed it by one day.

now i have to wait until the next committee meeting in 2 weeks.. and from there.. probably another week just waiting for that letter. WOW... i need more patience.

best of luck to you too brownoreo!

Hello! My interview was on January 14th and I received a phone call today (1/25) from ICO... offering me a seat for 2008. woohoo! I"ll be receiving something in the mail next week.. Now I"m just waiting for my Berkeley interview.

Really!!! That's awesome!!! Congratulations!!!!!

I wonder why they call some and not others...

I really hope I got accepted, otherwise i'm SUNY bound!!

hey,
I got a call from ICO today as well! except it went to my voice mail and by the time i checked it, it was too late to call back... i'm assuming they wouldn't call to reject me, that would be done by mail?? so i'm hoping they called to offer me a seat for 2008.. guess i'll have to wait until monday to find out!

I guess early Congratulations occhiali!!

All those who got accepted...is ICO your first choice??
Or those waiting to be accepted, would ICO be your first choice?

ICO was my first choice and I got in :) Hope you see you there in the fall BrownOreo!! :) Also I'm looking for someone to be my roomie ;)

I hope to see all "acceptees" at ICO as well (if I get in that is)!

BTW, all those who know where they are going for optometry, dont forget to enter your name in the entering class of 2008 forum under "optometry"

I want to seriously thank everyone of you for helping me out through this whole application and interview process.

I got a letter of acceptance today for ICO and I feel so grateful!!!

Thanks again everyone!

congrats mariamaria!!!

did you also get a call from them??

i wonder if they call everyone that gets accepted...

Thanks! They didn't call me. I just got a letter today.

Congratulations Maria!!
Don't you just love this forum...really lets you get your excitement out!!

I guess there is hope for me as well here in Canada...lol...since I didn't get a call either.

Unfortunately, my letter will take longer to arrive than most of you.

Congrats Maria!!! Can't wait to meet you next fall!!

congrats to everyone! I loved ICO and got a letter in the mail today stating I was on the alternate list! :( Can anyone fill me in on what exactly this means and what my chances are of getting a seat in the 2012 class? I have still two more interviews to attend but I loved ICO. HELP!

eyes4u, if you don't mind, what were your stats like.............

I had a 3.5 GPA and OAt of 310. I had three letters of recommendation and a stellar resume. I'm assuming it was my OAT score? Do you know anything about the alternate list?

It may be your OAT scores.........but hey, being on the alternate list is not so bad......I know, from having read from this forum, that a lot of people have been accepted from the alternate list from previous years.........so you never know:)

hope to see you there.

I am delighted to say that I have been accepted for the entering class of 2008!! and ICO being my first choice...I hope to see all the "acceptees" there!!!

wish everyone else the best!!

Ya no problem...

I have a cumulative undergrad GPA of 3.35 (but its at the University of Toronto which is highly competitive so they may have considered that) and I have a 350 overall OAT score (with all scores above 340 except reading comprehension) and a total science score of 380.

I am delighted to say that I have been accepted for the entering class of 2008!! and ICO being my first choice...I hope to see all the "acceptees" there!!!

wish everyone else the best!!

Congrats BrownOreo,

I guess I will see one more canadian down there (I'm from Calgary) :thumbup:

Congrats you guys!! This entire thread made me so nervous cause I didn't receive a phone call on Friday either, but my acceptance letter showed up yesterday! Best feeling everrrr! :D

Yup...us canadians gotta look out for each other with our tukes and pencil-crayons and coloUrs!!

lol...j/k

hope to see ALL of you there!!

im in!!!!! see you in august!!!! FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARSSSS!!!!!!!!1

congrats to all the newest acceptances...see u in august!

Hey I was thinking....whoever knows that they are going to ICO forsure...maybe we could get to know each other a little better, perhaps meet before school starts if were in chicago much earlier, and share information about housing and stuff...

So if you're interested...Just PM your e-mail to me if you use MSN messenger and I'll add you to my ICO group or I can PM my email address to you.

I agree with BrownOreo!! I would love to get a chance to get to know some of my future classmates before classes start. I also have MSN if you want to send me your e-mail address via PM. :D

reading these posts makes me excited and almost decide on ICO...i'm still torn among schools, bleh :-(. But if I do decide on ICO I will definitely love to meet everyone beforehand!

I was torn between schools as well. I still think...*what if SUNY is better*...But when it comes down to it...you learn the same thing in all the schools (some may be slightly better than the other in one domain or another) but you have to choose a school that you can picture yourself going to..a school that suits your personality...and one that gives you a good vibe.
Thats just another perspective on choosing between schools. But I wish you the best! Trust me, I know how hard it is choosing between schools...

does anyone know when the admissions committee is meeting again..I called 2 days ago and they said they havent decided when they will meet again...

i'm getting so nervous!!!

They meet every 2 weeks i think (thats what they told us at the interview). So i figure that they wont meet this week but sometime at the end of next week.

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say congrats to those of you who got into ICO (especially the Canadians, as I'm one myself..WOO!) I'm currently a first year here and you're definately make a great decision coming here. For those of you who haven't found out yet, hang in there you'll get a response soon! I definately know how it feels being in your position...the waiting game can get to you at times! Goodluck and see you next fall!

Hey optogirl21, thanks for the kind words......seeing how your a first year student there, how has your experience been so far? any pro or cons that you had so far?

Thanks.