ICO cafeteria food

Started by Jay12
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jay12

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, this is a silly question....for the students currently there, or for the people who recently graduated...how did you find the food at the ICO cafeteria? The only reason I ask is because I am a workout fanatic who loves to eat healthy, and was a little worried about the type of food they provide the students there?

Thanks.
 
Hey guys, this is a silly question....for the students currently there, or for the people who recently graduated...how did you find the food at the ICO cafeteria? The only reason I ask is because I am a workout fanatic who loves to eat healthy, and was a little worried about the type of food they provide the students there?

Thanks.

It's MUCH MUCH better than it was last year, and esp the year before that. However, I can't really say whether it's that healthy.... only eaten there three times this year.
 
The food at the ICO cafeteria is demoralizing. Its expensive, medicore on a good day, and its seemly run by nazis. (I can't take my styrofoam cup of coke back to the RC with me? wtf) The staff is great tho.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I ate lunch and dinner there when I went for my interview (since I stayed at the RC) and I found the food to be nothing special really. It seems that 1-2 items change and the rest stays pretty constant (like sadwiches, fries, burgers,etc.). But that is only judging from 1 day so i wouldn't be the best to ask regarding the food.

One thing for sure...the staff was extremely helpful and friendly..that was really impressive.

I also like how they have special accommodation for those who are vegetarian but their veggie burgers are really dry and not so good tasting.

Overall though, I think its great that ICO even has a cafeteria where other schools like SUNY dont have one.

Anyway, I look forward to going to ICO (its my first choice)...Hope to see some of you there

take-care
 
I wish it was as easy as just packing my own lunch. I am planning on staying the first year at the RC, and from what I know, you kind of don't have a choice but to have to get the meal plan while staying there......
 
I wish it was as easy as just packing my own lunch. I am planning on staying the first year at the RC, and from what I know, you kind of don't have a choice but to have to get the meal plan while staying there......

If you cite health concerns you can get out of it, my suitemate did so.