ICO interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carizma12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed on the interview feedback for ICO that some interviews were open and some were closed file...

So its basically random for them, and you wont know until you get there basically?

Members don't see this ad.

I actually just had my interview today and from what I can tell it is an open file. My interviewer never actually opened my file while in the room with me, but she had it with her. I think it depends on the style of what particular interviewer you get. The other student that was interviewed today said that her interviewer used her file a lot and looked over it carefully.

My interview was very laid back and I enjoyed the experience a lot. I was also very impressed with the school and really hope to get in. It sounds like the remaining seats are limited, but I should know in 2 weeks either way!

my interview was open file too. i'm pretty sure all of them are at least to some degree, because part of the interview day is a file review where you go over your application with an admissions counselor and explain any low grades, make sure you have all the pre-requisites, etc.
in my actual interview my interviewer didn't actually open my file per se, but she had obviously read my application because she refered to some of what I wrote in my essay when we were talking.

mine was closed file at ico. He said he wasn't going to read it until after the interview so he wouldn't go into the interview with any biases. So in essence, I had to sell myself and tell him what was in that file.