ICO Iterview

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uyen

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Did anyone stay at the Hyatt for the ICO interview? I was wondering if it was easy to get a cab and how long it ook to get there. Oh, and there is only one entrance to ICO right? I just don't want to get lost!

Thanks,
uyen

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't stay at the Hyatt so I can't help you there.

However, it's easy to hail a cab in the morning cause there are tons of them going by. I would think though, that to be safe, you might want to call a taxi service the morning of the interview so that they can come and pick you up, and you know they're coming. That's what I did in Boston and it worked well.

There are two entrances to ICO. The clinic entrance is on South Michigan avenue (the one way going south that goes by ICO, and the entrance that you'll want to be going in is 3241 S Indiana Avenue, which is the one way going north on the other side of ICO. This entrance is across from the RC. I believe that once you're on South Michigan avenue in the downtown area, you just take it until it becomes the one way, turn left on 33rd avenue, and left again on S. Indiana. The entrance that you want to go in has a very small parking lot (6 cars or so) in front of it and a bus stop. S indiana isn't usually very busy.

Hope this helps
Eyegirl.

I just wanted to say thanks Eyegirl2k7. (my spelling was horrible!)
:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I stayed in the Hyatt. It was great! Make sure you get into the correct set of elevators, one set only goes up to about the 25 floor. If you are above that you need to get into the furthest set. I got in the wrong set the first time and look like a small town idiot as a ran around asking how to get to the 29th floor. It is huge!

Hi Uyen:

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency (McCormick Place) when I did my interview at ICO.

There are cabs right outside of the hotel 24 hours a day. You don't have to wait at all to get a cab. If you are feeling anxious, you could call the front desk before you leave your room and ask to have a cab waiting in front for you.

For the cab ride, it took about 10 minutes to get to the school (all city streets).

There is only one main entrance to the information desk (not the eye clinic) at Indiana Avenue (one-way street). There is a little driveway at the entrance, so you can have your cab driver drop you off there instead of double-parking in front.

If you need a cab to go back to the hotel, you can ask the information clerk to call one for you.

The Hyatt Regency is a very nice hotel that caters a lot to business travelers. If you got your room through the "ICO rate," then you are considered a business traveler. It doesn't mean too much, but you'll get a newspaper everyday and you can make free local phone calls from your room.

Good luck,

Rosanna