ICO late application HELP!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optstu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question... I took my OAT earlier in the semester and did not do as well as I wanted 290 but I am planning on retaking it after the 90 days are over, which is by mid January. I have a 3.5 GPA and I am an optician for about a year now with various involvement in clubs and organization as well as being a leader in them. I am only applying to ICO. They already know I am retaking it and they are waiting on my new scores as my application has been fully submitted. Do you think I have a shot if I can retake it and do better on it? or should I just wait for the next enrollment year?

Members don't see this ad.

As long as the deadline isn't up, then you still have a shot. However, do realize that waitlists are a possibility too. Just retake it since you already submitted your application. You don't want to miss out if you could get in this year rather than wait another year. Let's just say you did very well and still didn't get in. Just reapply without having to worry about retaking the OAT again. That way you can focus on how to improve yourself as a candidate (job shadow more, etc).

Reactions: 1 users
1st year at ICO here.

I noticed that some of my classmates were still interviewing up until April which is pretty late in my opinion. Just like the previous post mentioned, make sure to have everything in by the deadline. If an interview isn't extended to you by the time you send in your OAT again, call or email the admissions office!

As long as the deadline isn't up, then you still have a shot. However, do realize that waitlists are a possibility too. Just retake it since you already submitted your application. You don't want to miss out if you could get in this year rather than wait another year. Let's just say you did very well and still didn't get in. Just reapply without having to worry about retaking the OAT again. That way you can focus on how to improve yourself as a candidate (job shadow more, etc).

Agreed and don't procrastinate.