ICO vs MCPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optdel

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm having a hard time deciding between ICO and MCPHS, I would like to know your guy's input as well. MCPHS offers a 10K scholarship per year, but no scholarships for ICO. Considering everything (rankings, boards, location, housing, etc), which one would be a better option? Thank youuu

Members don't see this ad.

When did you interview with ICO? How long did it take to hear about acceptance?

all the doctors I talked to for recommendations on school said to go to the school that is cheaper and will leave you with less debt! with that, you also have to consider the cost of living. When I was deciding, I found that Boston was more expensive to live in than Chicago in terms of rent and costs to fly back home if I ever needed to.

I'm not sure about ranking or anything but I think MCPHS had lower board scores but they are working on it and getting better (?). I also liked that ICO had the option to live on campus if you want. ICO also has an amazing alumni network and more externship sites than most schools.

congrats!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
all the doctors I talked to for recommendations on school said to go to the school that is cheaper and will leave you with less debt! with that, you also have to consider the cost of living. When I was deciding, I found that Boston was more expensive to live in than Chicago in terms of rent and costs to fly back home if I ever needed to.

I'm not sure about ranking or anything but I think MCPHS had lower board scores but they are working on it and getting better (?). I also liked that ICO had the option to live on campus if you want. ICO also has an amazing alumni network and more externship sites than most schools.

congrats!!
Thank you so much for this detailed message. This was very helpful in making my decision. I appreciate all your help.

Reactions: 1 user