ICU-Nephrology ...??? confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

salam

salam
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I am sorry to ask this question but can any one tell me why this combination in nephrology-ICU fellowship...and how that can make you different in terms of practice from the pure nephrologist???...how that gonna be reflected on your income ..lifestyle ...etc...and let us say that you have done CCM fellowship ..does that makes you more desirable as a candidate to nehprology fellowship ??
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I will tell you what I know from an N=1. One of our Nephro/CC fellows who just finished up has been unable to find a CC job out there so far and is currently doing PT private practice nephro and doing some moonlighting in CC. He said that he found essentially no places that would hire a CC non-Pulm boarded person to run a unit.

FWIW, I'm interested in this too, not from the Nephro standpoint but from doing both Med Onc and CC. If I do it, it will only be for my own education/training, not necessarily to try to get a CC job.

Again, this is an N of 1 so take it for what it's worth.

BE (now PE)