Id rather not go Caribbean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DrSillyGirl said:
As a US trained Physician i will land residencies you wont even be considered for. Until you can do that please dont assume youre my equal and until you are viewed as such. :rolleyes:

Are you going to a medical school in the US?? Cause if you are, then it sounds to me like you are making fun of all of Carribbean medical students. Is that the kind of person you are? :(

Members don't see this ad.

DrSillyGirl said:
The last thing that i have to say to all you haters and not quite good enough twits is that you know you wish you could be me. Youd jump at the chance to have my stats and be in my place. I wont have to take the back door like you and i will have the respect and honor that will only be a faded dream for most of you. Ahhh such is life... Get used to it kiddos... If i ever work with one of you i wont belittle you in public, i mean i am compassionate and everything but i certainly wont consider you my peer. As a show of good faith and because i feel sorry for all of you i wish you the best of your capacities, regards, goodluck and all that junk. That's doctor Silly Girl to you! :D

I know a lot of people that have respect for people just because they went through the carribeans and are determined to become doctors even though they made some mistakes in undergrad. I know doctors from the carribeans that have gotten into their specialty and even beat the US doctors to it. How can you be as ignorant to say the things you do, yet the process is all the same. In the end you have to pass the same tests go through the same procedures to be practicing in the US. You're saying that carribean school's are for slackers or people not capable of handling the amount of intelligence it requires then why are so many carribean doctors practicing in the US as we speak? Once you graduate you're a doctor regardless of where you come from. Of course we would like to all stay in the US, but if ultimately our goals are to become physicians and the carribeans offer you a second chance, I'd take it.

RaaMD said:
Should I be impressed with a 28 MCAT? Cuz I'm not. Both my MCAT and GPA were higher than yours yet I did not go around being obnoxious like you are. You do yourself, those interested in the Carribean, and those currently in school there a disservice by behaving in such a manner. Even though I do not go to a Carribean school, I have the utmost respect for people that make it through.

She may end up in a Caribbean school because a 28 MCAT won't even get you an interview these days unless you happen to be a resident of a rural state. I have several friends at my school with 30+ MCATs that didn't get in because they were from the west coast in which it is much more difficult to get into your state school.

Members don't see this ad :)
even if she had a 38 her personality wouldn't make the cut for med school.

Status
Not open for further replies.