Idaho State College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaypea65

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody familiar with ISU's pharmacy program? Are any of you interested in applying to ISU?

Members don't see this ad.

All I know of it is that it's one of the cheapest pharmacy schools in the nation.

I have a family member who recently graduated from ISU. He really loved it. He was an Idaho resident, so the tuition was super cheap. I am not an Idaho resident, but I will apply there as a secondary option to my first choice (Pacific).

Members don't see this ad :)
This is also a school that I'm considering. Does anyone happen do know how many out-of-state students they accept into their pharmacy program each year?

I do not remember the exact numbers but they except very few out of state students, I looked into applying there as an out of stater but decided to keep my money.

This is also a school that I'm considering. Does anyone happen do know how many out-of-state students they accept into their pharmacy program each year?

Ive heard that they only accept about 10 out of state applicants. A girl who did her shadowing at my pharmacy applied to 5 schools. Both Midwesterns, USN, Utah, and Idaho. She got accepted to all of them except Idaho.. Didnt even get an interview there.

I dont want to be the one to discourage any one though. Maybe the competition was just tough last year (as it is every year), or maybe there was something that they didnt like about her application. Good luck!

Ive heard that they only accept about 10 out of state applicants. A girl who did her shadowing at my pharmacy applied to 5 schools. Both Midwesterns, USN, Utah, and Idaho. She got accepted to all of them except Idaho.. Didnt even get an interview there.

I dont want to be the one to discourage any one though. Maybe the competition was just tough last year (as it is every year), or maybe there was something that they didnt like about her application. Good luck!

I know a girl who was one of the 10 out-of-state applicants who got accepted to ISU. Well, turns out they love her so much that offered to pay for her entire pharm school tuition! She turned it down to go to USN. I envy people like her...

Just starting this year, don't think I'd go anywhere else as it's an insane deal economically and I feel like I'm learning just as much as I would anywhere else. I originally thought the program would be limiting due to location, but you can do your third and fourth year in the Boise area (where there are lots more places for rotations) and even Reno the fourth year if you choose. If you have specific questions you can write me a message and I'll try and answer. As for out of state students, they only take a few applicants (I believe the amount this year was under 10).

What did they like about her so much to offer free tuition? Was it grades, PCAT, or minority status?