Idaho State University 2016-2017

Started by happycroc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I found out yesterday that I am an alternate. Good grief it took them a long time to get back!
Have you received a letter about your position on the alternate list? They were supposed to have mailed letters out last Friday, but I haven't received anything yet. :eyebrow:
 
Have you received a letter about your position on the alternate list? They were supposed to have mailed letters out last Friday, but I haven't received anything yet. :eyebrow:
Oh yeah, didn't you hear? They are sending the letters via pony express and homing pigeon. Haha jk. But seriously they are sooooooo slow. I don't think they sent them out. I live about an hour and a half from Pocatello, it shouldn't take a week to get a letter.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh yeah, didn't you hear? They are sending the letters via pony express and homing pigeon. Haha jk. But seriously they are sooooooo slow. I don't think they sent them out. I live about an hour and a half from Pocatello, it shouldn't take a week to get a letter.


They are on spring break this week and won't be back till Monday! But their mail is somehow slower than anything! I know I live far away in North Carolina but it took a full 2 weeks for me to receive a letter from them
 
Has anyone received a letter from ISU regarding waitlist positions? What the heck is up with this school?
 
Has anyone received a letter from ISU regarding waitlist positions? What the heck is up with this school?
I got this a week ago:

I am very sorry that the letters for the waitlist have not gone out yet I had a death in my family and have been out of the office. The letters are ready to send.

I haven't gotten a letter yet though...
 
I got this a week ago:

I am very sorry that the letters for the waitlist have not gone out yet I had a death in my family and have been out of the office. The letters are ready to send.

I haven't gotten a letter yet though...

I received that email too . . . :yeahright:

Its hard being patient when I have other things that I need to plan for. Like moving and finding a new job.
 
If anyone else is wondering, there is a facebook group for all of PT and OT. Nelda can add you if you email her
 
I got this a week ago:

I am very sorry that the letters for the waitlist have not gone out yet I had a death in my family and have been out of the office. The letters are ready to send.

I haven't gotten a letter yet though...
Just got a waitlist letter. I'm number 42. Is there anyone that knows if ISU ever accepts people that far down the list?
 
Last edited:
Just got a waitlist letter. I'm number 42. Is there anyone that knows if ISU ever accepts people that far down the list?
I am number 9 on the list. I don't really know what my chances are either. It seems like most people would have already chosen their schools but I guess you never know. Just yesterday I got an interview invite to a school that initially rejected me. I can only imagine that this means that they blew through their waitlist. I suppose that there is always a chance that something like that might happen at ISU too.
 
Since they changed the residency rules in the last year I imagine the list may move more than it has in the past.. just a thought
 
So . . . does anyone know when the immunization form needs to be completed and turned in? Is it supposed to be mailed along with the waitlist acceptance form?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How were they changed?
well now you have to live and work in Idaho full time for year before you can become a resident, but when my class was accepted you only had to do a few paperwork things to prove you live here full time. I think it changed officially in July last year.
 
I just gave up my spot at Idaho State, I hope this helps someone out on the waitlist! Good luck!
 
We now have a class page for the DPT class of 2020! Just search idaho state DPT class of 2020 and ask to join if you're attending in the fall!
 
Do any of you know how I can get in contact with 2nd or 3rd year dpt students? I'm starting my first year in August, and I was wondering if there was anyone getting rid of some textbooks. Please help!