Idaho State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boise Pharma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone accepted in ISU without pharmacy shadowing? Please Help

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, I believe most people that got accepted have had previous experience in a pharmacy (shadowing, working as a tech, etc). It might not be impossible to get in, but you'll be in the minority if you don't have any experience in a pharmacy at all.

I've never met anyone who got accepted to ISU pharmacy program without pharmacy related experience. At least one of the letters of recommendations must be written by a pharmacist, so how would somebody get a letter from a pharmacist if he/she doesn't have pharmacy related experience..

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the answers. Anyone planned to apply? I am almost done with the online application form. What are the stats for ISU? Average GPA?

Unfortunately, I believe most people that got accepted have had previous experience in a pharmacy (shadowing, working as a tech, etc). It might not be impossible to get in, but you'll be in the minority if you don't have any experience in a pharmacy at all.

I got a palce where they allow me to shadow/volunteer for 40 hours. Thanks for the reply. Are you applying this year?

I got a palce where they allow me to shadow/volunteer for 40 hours. Thanks for the reply. Are you applying this year?

Well, any experience is better than nothing. However most of your competition would likely have more. Just as a comparison, I had 200 hours when I applied and had the least amount of pharmacy experience in my interview group.

I am actually going to ISU right now so I might see you if you get an interview this year

Thanks for the answers. Anyone planned to apply? I am almost done with the online application form. What are the stats for ISU? Average GPA?

I am not sure what it is exactly, but it is usually around 3.5-3.6

Thanks @Firlydia. Do you have any tip how to write the personal statement? What are the main things they want in the personal statement?

Explain in some detail your interest in becoming a pharmacist. Include (1) how you developed this interest and, (2) any attributes and related accomplishments you believe will enhance your future academic and career success. Limit your statement to one typed page; double spaced using no smaller than 10 pt font. Your name must be on the statement.

Looking to see if there are any ISU applicants hoping to start Fall 2014. If so, has anyone received notifications for interviews?

Seems like they should be making their choice by this week!

I applied for this year. Haven't heard anything yet. Hate the anticipation.

I just received an email today! Looking forward to the interview :)

Reactions: 1 user
I just called and will be interviewing on the 28th.

Does anyone know how many applicants there were compared to the amount of people with interviews?

I applied for this year. Haven't heard anything yet. Hate the anticipation.

The interview invitations should be going out now/soon. They are holding 8 interviewing sessions from late February to the first two weeks of March. Then acceptance letters get send around the time of Spring Break.

Does anyone know how many people are interviewed vs how many people applied? Is this anyone's first choice or just 'another' school to apply to?

Nevermind... I think I found the answer. On findthebest.com it mentions around 400 apply and about 125 get interviews. 75% in state get accepted and 25% OOS (ROUGHLY). I am still curious about my second question.

Last edited:
Merged threads. Lets keep school specific discussions in their respective threads :thumbup:

I just want to say that this thread was helpful to me, thanks you guys (although I'm sure none of you will ever be on the forum again).

Last edited: