Idaho State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starcake

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see a thread for ISU. Looking back at previous years' forums....it might be useful to find out if anyone has applied to ISU for the 2012 application cycle. If so, please post when you get a communication so others can be on the look out. It appears that if you get an interview invite it will be by email, sometime between Feb 10-16th; otherwise you get a letter in the mail.

Any insight on the school would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

I have yet to see a thread for ISU. Looking back at previous years' forums....it might be useful to find out if anyone has applied to ISU for the 2012 application cycle. If so, please post when you get a communication so others can be on the look out. It appears that if you get an interview invite it will be by email, sometime between Feb 10-16th; otherwise you get a letter in the mail.

me too still waiting for interview:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I just got the interview invitation today. Did anyone know is that one on one interview or group interview because they required to stay until 3pm I think. Did anyone else got the interview?

I didn't get anything via email or mail. Looks like I might be out. :( I am not sure what to expect. Sorry. But, congrats!

maybe u will receive it later next week. R u instate or out of state? Im from CA

Hey guys, I just got the interview invitation today. Did anyone know is that one on one interview or group interview because they required to stay until 3pm I think. Did anyone else got the interview?

Hey!! I got an email yesterday as well! Are you here in Idaho?

maybe u will receive it later next week. R u instate or out of state? Im from CA

I never updated anyone. I did get a letter last Wednesday in the mail, rejecting my application. :( I thought I had a good chance, but not good enough being out-of-state. Such is life, on to plan B! :oops:

hey guys, does anyone remember what was the topic of the essay for ISU? and also what was the topic for group discussion?

I got interview on 3/16/12. Is any one else coming on that day?
And what is the interview process?

hey,
i just saw your message. how did the interview go and what was the process like. thank you

Members don't see this ad :)

Any suggestion for interview process?

I never updated anyone. I did get a letter last Wednesday in the mail, rejecting my application. :( I thought I had a good chance, but not good enough being out-of-state. Such is life, on to plan B! :oops:

May I please ask when you applied? I applied in February, and haven't heard anything.

Can I please ask when you applied? I met the Feb 1st deadline, and still waiting.

Can I please ask when you applied? I met the Feb 1st deadline, and still waiting.

You would have heard back by now, I'm not sure why you haven't received any contact. They've been doing interviews through the month of March.

Thank you! I guess it means I'm out then. I thought I stood a good chance of getting in, but I guess not.

Thank you! I guess it means I'm out then. I thought I stood a good chance of getting in, but I guess not.
I would contact them, I received my rejection letter on like 2/10 but I am OOS. I thought I had a great chance getting in but I heard that Idaho is super biased towards residents.

10+ years experience in pharmacy, tons of community service, PCAT = 91, GPA 3.7, BS degree in Biology/minor in psychology and awesome references. Not sure what else they wanted from me lol...

I would contact them, I received my rejection letter on like 2/10 but I am OOS. I thought I had a great chance getting in but I heard that Idaho is super biased towards residents.

10+ years experience in pharmacy, tons of community service, PCAT = 91, GPA 3.7, BS degree in Biology/minor in psychology and awesome references. Not sure what else they wanted from me lol...

I am also OOS, so I know what to expect.

I would think they would have given you an interview with those statistics (they don't look at the PCAT though). I know they mentioned it's about 75% Idaho residents, but I think they would have given you an interview. I think a lot of state schools tend to favor in state, especially out here in the west where it's the only school in the state.

It's cool, Idaho was not my top choice, I was just surprised at the rejection without even an interview. I applied because we are neighboring states and I live like 1.5 hours from the school and it would've been nice to stay near my family.

Any word from the school yet on acceptance or rejection for 2012 applicants? Is it through email or an actual mailed letter?

Any word from the school yet on acceptance or rejection for 2012 applicants? Is it through email or an actual mailed letter?

I think they said they are mailing out letters on April 1.

Hello everyone,

I am just curious if there are any of you here that were accepted or rejected. I was rejected… I'm pretty shocked considering I felt the interview went really well. I know of one person on the alternate list…. but that is about it.

:mad:

Hello everyone,

I am just curious if there are any of you here that were accepted or rejected. I was rejected… I'm pretty shocked considering I felt the interview went really well. I know of one person on the alternate list…. but that is about it.

:mad:

I guess I'm waiting for my rejection letter too. I did not even get an invite to interview. You went a step ahead of me. Please be encouraged, life goes on!

I guess I'm waiting for my rejection letter too. I did not even get an invite to interview. You went a step ahead of me. Please be encouraged, life goes on!

I am sorry to hear that. ISU is a little too high & mighty for my taste… but thank you for the kind words. I hope your ventures are successful!

:ninja:

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear that. ISU is a little too high & mighty for my taste… but thank you for the kind words. I hope your ventures are successful!

:ninja:

Thanks for your best wishes! Right back at you!!!!:love: Did you happen to apply to any other schools? Cedarville University is still enrolling candidates (Post-Bachs) for C.O 2016. Please send me a private mail, if you need to learn more about that school.

Thanks for your best wishes! Right back at you!!!!:love: Did you happen to apply to any other schools? Cedarville University is still enrolling candidates (Post-Bachs) for C.O 2016. Please send me a private mail, if you need to learn more about that school.

Ha. No, I didn't. I just wanted to see what my chances were. Since I didn't get accepted I am retaking two classes this summer and I added physics II (ISU doesn't require it & neither do most of the pharm schools I've looked at). I am also taking it to allow optometry as an alternative.

HOWEVER, I don't have my BS degree yet. I WAS going to graduate Fall 2012, but with the added classes and what I originally had left I pushed it out to Spring 2013. :barf:

Oh well, thank you for informing me about Cedarville, I haven't heard about it, but it's always good to know of other options. :highfive:

I am planning on taking my PCAT this summer and I have a little list of other Pharmacy School, out-of-state, that I want to apply to and those are more along the lines of being my 1st choice.

Ha. No, I didn't. I just wanted to see what my chances were. Since I didn't get accepted I am retaking two classes this summer and I added physics II (ISU doesn't require it & neither do most of the pharm schools I've looked at). I am also taking it to allow optometry as an alternative.

HOWEVER, I don't have my BS degree yet. I WAS going to graduate Fall 2012, but with the added classes and what I originally had left I pushed it out to Spring 2013. :barf:

Oh well, thank you for informing me about Cedarville, I haven't heard about it, but it's always good to know of other options. :highfive:

I am planning on taking my PCAT this summer and I have a little list of other Pharmacy School, out-of-state, that I want to apply to and those are more along the lines of being my 1st choice.

Best of Luck to you!!!!:):):):):):)

Is there anyone accepted without the pharmacy shadowing? I was looking for a pharmacy but it is really hard to get one even for shadowing and freelance.

Can't wait to get my application finalized for ISU! Anyone from U or I, Boise State, or BYU-I applying for 2014?

Last edited:
Anyone want to share their experience(s) with their Interview at ISU?

Last edited:
I haven't received a letter yet. Supposedly they went out Yesterday. So I am hoping Monday-Tuesday.

I haven't received a letter yet. Supposedly they went out Yesterday. So I am hoping Monday-Tuesday.
Do they plan on calling the people that got in or are they just sending letters? Either way, just curious.

No calls, just letters is what I've been told. The letters go out to everyone, only the content varies. Good luck though!

I just got my letter... I just got accepted!!!!!! SWEET!

Congrats!! This'll be great! Meridian campus for me