Sep 9, 2019
so I have many leadership roles I have done. I am a peer mentor / youth leader or tutor at local religious center. I was also briefly a medical assistant and a medical scribe. However after I graduate, there will be time between Acceptance and actually attending. During this time. I will be shadowing and perfecting my resume, but I want to know should I get a job? The doctor I was scribing for and being a medical assistant for, moved. What should I do? I also need cash so I wasnt sure if it should be any job or health related or specific dental related?

Aug 20, 2020
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm in the same boat as you. Just graduated from college and applied to Dental School. Now, I'm in a new city living down the street from my #1 choice for dental school. I'm trying to find work in dental offices or labs to show my commitment. However, not all job experience has to be medical related. I've held numerous restaurant and service industry jobs that require teamwork etc.

ESPN907

2+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
Yes, get a job. Then get a side hustle/gig. Try to get a job as a dental assistant, then find a side gig to maximize your earnings.

About the Ads

macsak

2+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2018
I'm in the same boat as you. Just graduated from college and applied to Dental School. Now, I'm in a new city living down the street from my #1 choice for dental school. I'm trying to find work in dental offices or labs to show my commitment. However, not all job experience has to be medical related. I've held numerous restaurant and service industry jobs that require teamwork etc.
do whatever you can to get a job at the dental school...

aubreyjokes

7+ Year Member
May 17, 2012
Status
Dental Student
Absolutely get a job. In the dental field is good but if not be sure and volunteer in dental stuff if you aren't "working" in dental. I worked construction actually for several years and I can't tell you how helpful it was in dental school.

Reactions: Studentofdeen
About the Ads