Ideal Time for Audition Rotations in Anesthesiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi, I'm hoping to schedule some audition rotations in the Pennsylvania area for next year, and I was wondering when is the best time to schedule them. My schedule allows me to arrange away rotations during the months of September, October, and Novermber. I have an average score on Step I and would like to use my opportunity during an audition rotation to improve my chances of getting into a program. Do you think that getting a LOR during these months may be too late?

Members don't see this ad.

sept - nov is fine....i did my audition rotations october and november.....just make sure you get some letters (at least 2) prior to sept (i.e. medicine, surgery clerkships from 3rd yr)....and then you can get your anesthesia one during audition rotations (or if you can get it during 3rd yr, that would be even better bc you wont be rushed in trying to obtain it from the writer)......

i think one really good anesthesia letter is enough....i submitted one anesthesia letter and 2 medicine letters and i am very happy with the interviews i am getting.....