Ideas and best practices for our annual graduation program/book.

Started by GMEJenn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GMEJenn

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I work in Graduate Medical Education and am looking for ideas and best practices for our annual graduation program/book.

For those involved in GME graduation planning, I’d love to hear what your institution does. What information do you include for each graduating resident or fellow?

Do you include photos, future plans/fellowships, awards, faculty messages, program information, or anything else?

I’m also curious about the actual format — is yours a traditional printed graduation booklet, a professionally designed program, digital, or a combination?

If you’re comfortable sharing, I’d especially love to see a sample of your graduation book/program with any identifying or private information removed.

We’re looking at ways to update ours and make it more polished and meaningful for the graduates, so I’d really appreciate hearing what has worked well at other institutions.
Thank you!
 
Hi everyone! I work in Graduate Medical Education and am looking for ideas and best practices for our annual graduation program/book.

For those involved in GME graduation planning, I’d love to hear what your institution does. What information do you include for each graduating resident or fellow?

Do you include photos, future plans/fellowships, awards, faculty messages, program information, or anything else?

I’m also curious about the actual format — is yours a traditional printed graduation booklet, a professionally designed program, digital, or a combination?

If you’re comfortable sharing, I’d especially love to see a sample of your graduation book/program with any identifying or private information removed.

We’re looking at ways to update ours and make it more polished and meaningful for the graduates, so I’d really appreciate hearing what has worked well at other institutions.
Thank you!

We had nothing of that sort. We had a graduation dinner where someone we chose got up and spoke a bit about each of us and mentioned what our future plans were. No program or agenda given in advance. We each got a small gift from our PD. There was nothing arranged from our institution GME office, just our program itself. I can't remember if there was a photo montage but I don't think so...