Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any ideas for applying to jobs. Basically, I got my license 2 months ago. Since that time I have been applying to all jobs on indeed.com in my area. So far, I got 2 applications for PRN pharmacists for staffing companies (Don't really want to drive 50 miles a day for work), 1 phone interview for LTC pharmacy (not selected based on experience) and 1 in person interview for a specialty pharmacy (not selected). I also got an email from walmart and they didn't select me for the 5 jobs I applied to (not sure why but I assume everyone is applying there).
So about 2 weeks ago I went around to 7 independents in my area and dropped off a resume and I got 2 offers for part time jobs. The first one I turned down because the hirer wanted me to get his home infusion pharmacy off the ground and I don't have any knowledge on that. The other hired me and I worked there for one day and it seems (based on feedback from this website) that it is a pill mill so I am going to quit.
What should I do to get a job. I'm not desperate yet but I need to get some type of work within the next 8 months. What other ways can I go about my search that I am not tapping into?
So about 2 weeks ago I went around to 7 independents in my area and dropped off a resume and I got 2 offers for part time jobs. The first one I turned down because the hirer wanted me to get his home infusion pharmacy off the ground and I don't have any knowledge on that. The other hired me and I worked there for one day and it seems (based on feedback from this website) that it is a pill mill so I am going to quit.
What should I do to get a job. I'm not desperate yet but I need to get some type of work within the next 8 months. What other ways can I go about my search that I am not tapping into?

I am a vet and even I would have gotten frustrated by cold call/drop in number 4. I would keep going with the indies if you can find them. If you hit 4 more you might get 1. Predictive probability not my forte but it definitely will NOT hurt.