Ideas on Rush, UWisconsin, Case, etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annerice

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, newbie here. I've finished a couple of my interviews, but the ones I'm really interested in are still to come. I would just like to know what your ideas are about UWisconsin in Madison, Rush, UCinci and Case. I hear that Case and UCinci are very big on stroke and Neurovascular (which is where I wanna go eventually) as well as clinical research. I'm an IMG and have not done any rotations or observerships in these places, so any information would be helpful. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, newbie here. I've finished a couple of my interviews, but the ones I'm really interested in are still to come. I would just like to know what your ideas are about UWisconsin in Madison, Rush, UCinci and Case. I hear that Case and UCinci are very big on stroke and Neurovascular (which is where I wanna go eventually) as well as clinical research. I'm an IMG and have not done any rotations or observerships in these places, so any information would be helpful. Thanks! :)

I have not interviewed yet, so take what I have to say in that regard. From what I have been told, UWisconsin is a mediocre program in a great city. I have not heard many good things regarding the program. However that info is based off from an upper classmans rotation/interview 2-3yrs ago. He wasn't very impressed. Rush has had a strong program in the past, but I think they are still trying to regain their footing after they had a bunch of faculty leave. I would be interested in hearing what people thing about them this year after interviewing. UCincinatti is known for their stroke program, however you don't hear much about their neurology residency here. If anyone has info on this program I would be interested in hearing about it.

A bit off topic, is it just me or do a lot of us seem to want to go into interventional? I think this is great news for the field. Hopefully we will be the new generation who makes the field our own! :xf: