IDP in Mexico the best!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys I just got off the phone with Lorena and she said that they already send whoever selected for the programs, and by the end of September if there is any drop outs they will send emails, so basically whoever didn’t receive acceptance is on the waiting list , Good luck I guess :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, My name is Armando and I'm interested in finding more information about De la Salle dental school. I'm currently a Registered Dental assistant in the State of California with eight years of experience. I see a lot of comments about the 2-year program, but if I go through this journey I'm looking at the 4 and half-year program. My knowledge of the program is that they have recent accreditation for 7 years which ends 2026 through the Dental Board of California. Can anybody guide me that has gone through the four-year program regarding loans, testing, clinical etc. Any more information from a seasoned student would be great thank you, guys.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi
Ok, I understand so maybe is good idea to try sending an email. I did it in this way.
Hi Ali526,
I am considering to apply for the IDP program. I need some information regarding that. Can you help me with that?
Thank you in advance

Hello, how can I help you?
Hi

Hi Ali526,
I am considering to apply for the IDP program. I need some information regarding that. Can you help me with that?
Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Thank you very much for responding.

1. Is the program admitting US citizens/ Green card holders only or International students residing in US too?

2. The program website did not list NBDE 2 as a requirement. Are you aware if anyone got in just with NBDE 1 or is it a requirement?

3. Is the program admitting non Spanish speaking students? Or proficiency of Spanish a must?

4. As you have experienced the program, what is your take on the program?

5. What is the admitted class profile/ stats like in general? Any thing you can suggest me to make my application stronger?

Thank you in advance!

Thank you very much for responding.

1. Is the program admitting US citizens/ Green card holders only or International students residing in US too?

2. The program website did not list NBDE 2 as a requirement. Are you aware if anyone got in just with NBDE 1 or is it a requirement?

3. Is the program admitting non Spanish speaking students? Or proficiency of Spanish a must?

4. As you have experienced the program, what is your take on the program?

5. What is the admitted class profile/ stats like in general? Any thing you can suggest me to make my application stronger?

Thank you in advance!
1.They admit US citizens/ green card holder and international student (as long as you have proof that you can pay for the course)
2. The requirements are clear in the website, part 1 + toefl min 73.....( of course if you have part 2 and a competitive toefl you'll be more competitive)
3. They divide the course in speaker spanish and non speaker Spanish, and accept half and half so you don't need speak spanish....you'll learn basic spanish during the course....and all teachers are bilingual....classes are teaching in English.
4. I love the program, nice professors, nice city, and it's a really good opportunity to practice in USA.....but tha sad part you just allow to practice in California, be ready to work in the most saturated state, high livig cost, higher concentration of patient with Medicare etc....
5. If you're interested in the program, do apply! If you don't speak spanish is a good if show interest to learn the language during the interview, show them interest in the program, be formal and friendly. Be confident in yourself.

I hope those tips can help you

Thank you for providing a detailed response. Your comments are immensely helpful.

1.They admit US citizens/ green card holder and international student (as long as you have proof that you can pay for the course)
2. The requirements are clear in the website, part 1 + toefl min 73.....( of course if you have part 2 and a competitive toefl you'll be more competitive)
3. They divide the course in speaker spanish and non speaker Spanish, and accept half and half so you don't need speak spanish....you'll learn basic spanish during the course....and all teachers are bilingual....classes are teaching in English.
4. I love the program, nice professors, nice city, and it's a really good opportunity to practice in USA.....but tha sad part you just allow to practice in California, be ready to work in the most saturated state, high livig cost, higher concentration of patient with Medicare etc....
5. If you're interested in the program, do apply! If you don't speak spanish is a good if show interest to learn the language during the interview, show them interest in the program, be formal and friendly. Be confident in yourself.

Thank you for providing a detailed response. Your comments are immensely helpful.

How is the situation with covid19 down there in Leon? Are you still able to see patients and go to class?

Hello Ali,

Thank you for your time to respond and help us in our questions.

I would like to ask you about the after graduation part form De La Salle University, How long do I need to finish the CA dental board exams?
About finding a job, does the dental center prefer the ones with a US school diploma over Mexican diploma, and is there any difference in the pay rate between the two as well?
Also, I heard that the dental centers in CA pay to the dentist by day (about 800$ Per day) not by percentage (around 40% of their work), is this a correct information?

Thank you again in advance.

Is this still around? The link on the first page doesn't work.
Curious, suppose one has no intention of practicing in CA (or anywhere in the US) after completion of the program. Are their specific countries they train for licensing and exams? I would assume Mexico, since that where the school is, but you never know.

Does anybody know if the university is still open during the pandemic? I have been trying to get a hold of them but I haven't heard back yet.

Yes, I interviewed last week with admission exam

Did they say how many applicants they have so far for this coming year's CIRO program? Did you do preps on the mannikin? On a side note, I was told that they would decide around Aug 17. Has anyone heard back from them?

Last edited:
Did they say how many applicants they have so far for this coming year's CIRO program? Did you do preps on the mannikin? On a side note, I was told that they would decide around Aug 17. Has anyone heard back from them?

They told my wife on August 13 that she was accepted. She interviewed in 2018.

Hi guys I just got off the phone with Lorena and she said that they already send whoever selected for the programs, and by the end of September if there is any drop outs they will send emails, so basically whoever didn’t receive acceptance is on the waiting list , Good luck I guess :(
Hello, do you know their contact info? I am trying to get to them but no one seems to be speaking English. Thanks