If more people were like me the world would be a better place

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicksdigdocs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been sitting on 3 waitlists and 0 acceptances for a while now and things were looking very grim. I signed up for a MCAT prep course that starts tomorrow and registered to retake the MCAT and basically gave up all hope.

When I got pulled off the waitlist yesterday at my #1 choice school (overall, not just of the 3 waitlists) the first thing I did was call family/friends. The SECOND thing I did immediately after that was withdrew from the other 2 schools.

Why did I do this? Because I knew how lucky I was to get called yesterday and not next week or even later. Otherwise I would've started studying, payed for the class, and missed a lot of my friends' grad parties by then. For the past few weeks or months all I could think is why aren't Waitlists moving? Why is everyone waiting for the deadline (may 15) to drop when you can drop right now (waiting for scholarships and still making decision are valid excuses)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, be the change you want to see in the world.

The End. Now its time for some GTA IV

Members don't see this ad.

congrats!!!

I agree that some people hold acceptances and wait list spots for far too long. For some, there is a valid reason, but for others maybe it is an ego thing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats.

Some people do have a valid reason to hold on and can't decide between 2 schools. You are lucky enough to get pulled off the list at your #1 school making it easy for you to get rid of the other two wait lists. It's not that easy for a lot of people. Come on now...

Haha, I completely agree with what you say... but when I saw the title of your post I immediately thought bad things.

Congrats

Your post reminded me to send an email to an osteopathic school I will not be attending. That opened up a spot for someone else. A pre-osteo student has you to thank today.

I too, was accepted to my first choice school yesterday, and withdrew my only other acceptance today. I am however, waiting to hear from one school I've interviewed at (which I would not consider attending), and one school I am high priority waitlisted at. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I'm not withdrawing from those two school until I hear their decision. It's total vanity, but I paid hundreds of dollars to apply and interview at those schools- least I could get back is a decision.

Anyway, congrats to you and good luck. Now go and burn those MCAT books!

I too, was accepted to my first choice school yesterday, and withdrew my only other acceptance today. I am however, waiting to hear from one school I've interviewed at (which I would not consider attending), and one school I am high priority waitlisted at. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I'm not withdrawing from those two school until I hear their decision. It's total vanity, but I paid hundreds of dollars to apply and interview at those schools- least I could get back is a decision.

Anyway, congrats to you and good luck. Now go and burn those MCAT books!

"Oh, my outlaw."
- In the voice of Jaime Pressly from Joe Dirt

Congratulations! Sounds like you have some good moral fiber about you. :thumbup:

I prefer to hoard acceptance and waitlist letters into a large bank vault and swim in it Scrooge McDuck style. Papercuts can become an issue though

I have been sitting on 3 waitlists and 0 acceptances for a while now and things were looking very grim. I signed up for a MCAT prep course that starts tomorrow and registered to retake the MCAT and basically gave up all hope.

When I got pulled off the waitlist yesterday at my #1 choice school (overall, not just of the 3 waitlists) the first thing I did was call family/friends. The SECOND thing I did immediately after that was withdrew from the other 2 schools.

Why did I do this? Because I knew how lucky I was to get called yesterday and not next week or even later. Otherwise I would've started studying, payed for the class, and missed a lot of my friends' grad parties by then. For the past few weeks or months all I could think is why aren't Waitlists moving? Why is everyone waiting for the deadline (may 15) to drop when you can drop right now (waiting for scholarships and still making decision are valid excuses)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, be the change you want to see in the world.

The End. Now its time for some GTA IV

Congrats!! Thank you for trying to help your fellow pre-meds! As a waitlister myself, I know the pain all too well. You must be so happy...go celebrate, you deserve it. :hardy:

so you're basically saying more people need to play gta?