If School Doesn't Matter...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This issue will never fade from the scene here. It's kind of like the whole penis size issue. All the ingredients are right for continued cyclical bantering.

The facts are always the same. Some chicks, like their status-queen med school counterparts, care enormously what kind of stuff you're packin. Others don't. Some claim they don't and really do. Some you might think they do but they really don't.

Either way you know what your packin and there's nothing you can do about it....so don't worry about it. Whoever gives you the acceptance(s)...you just take the ride going your way.

Seriously, there's nothing you can do about it unless you want to start undergrad all over. Make the best of what you've got and move on.

Members don't see this ad.

This issue will never fade from the scene here. It's kind of like the whole penis size issue. All the ingredients are right for continued cyclical bantering.

The facts are always the same. Some chicks, like their status-queen med school counterparts, care enormously what kind of stuff you're packin. Others don't. Some claim they don't and really do. Some you might think they do but they really don't.

Either way you know what your packin and there's nothing you can do about it....so don't worry about it. Whoever gives you the acceptance(s)...you just take the ride going your way.

Perfect metaphor.

The MCATs are the great equalizer when it comes to validating the worth of your gpa. I got to a public school which I am fairly sure is harder than the elite schools in my state-- but of course adcomms out of state won't realize this. If you have a strong showing at the MCAT, your high state school gpa will be validated. Yet, the opposite is true if you do poorly, because it will tell adcomms that your school was just easier and fully explains your high GPA. I chose to go to a state school personally because of cost. I could have easily attended cornell (easiest ivy to get into) but opted not to because right now I am going on a full ride + living stipend for undergraduate. I have no regrets as I've been able to distinguish myself as evident by my 3 interview offers already. If you want it to happen, it will. Don't let your dream die because of your UG institution!

I agree. Doesn't matter what school you go to, MCAT is the great equalizer. In fact, I know many people who did their pre-reqs in community colleges, transferred to a 4 year, did amazing on the MCAT and got into good medical schools.

A great example for everyone is here: Prof Hinojosa.

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/6/529

If he can do it, we can.

I agree. Doesn't matter what school you go to, MCAT is the great equalizer. In fact, I know many people who did their pre-reqs in community colleges, transferred to a 4 year, did amazing on the MCAT and got into good medical schools.

A great example for everyone is here: Prof Hinojosa.

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/6/529

If he can do it, we can.

damn, that's a good story