If you applied to U. Pittsburgh or Penn . . .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
O

oneironaut

Ufff, my files got corrupted, and my backup is the same.

Would someone who applied to either U. Penn or U. Pitt (or both) please tell me what the essay questions were?

I'm trying desperately to rebuild my essays, but I can't remember what the questions were. :(

Thanx, -Oneironaught :mad: :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but Penn didn't have an essay.

Pitt asked the ethical question. (Paraphrased). Tell us about an ethical decision you have made. Please do not talk about cheating. We hesitate to believe that you have never had to make an ethical decision.

The other question was optional and was regarding diversity.

Penn definitely had no essay. Just an on-line form and $65 or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
For pitt the two questions were:

Describe a personal experience which resulted in a substantial moral or ethical dilemnas. What was the outcome? We are reluctant to accept assertions that you have never encountered such a situation. Please do not address cheating in an academic situation. (250 words or less)

This one is optional--The recruitment of a diverse student body is a major goal of the University of Pittsburgh's Medical School Admissions Committee. Please tell us whether facets of your life and educationto date would contribute to the achievement of this goal. Such facets might inclde your early education, socioeconomic status, culture, race/ethnicity and work experience.

ahh, kay. thanks. I remember what I wrote about for Pitt, but I was bugging out trying to recall what I wrote for Penn. Thanks. I have interviews,at the end of January to these schools, if anyone else does :)