1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

If You Apply In The Summer

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by chem123, Mar 26, 2007.

1. chem123

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    HEY EVERY1, ok so i'm planning on applying to pharmacy schools this summer, like june-july, and i want to know if i get in ASAP, b/c i need to know if i should go on to finish a bachelors which means going to a 4 year school and
    sooo on...
    ANYWAY so my point is, if i apply june-july, whats the earliest time i will receieve feeback/interviews/acceptances??? thank you :) oo and those who have experience can u tell me which schols specifically u applied to :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KellyBean

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    It depends on the school. Are you going to apply for the Early Admission (only a few schools offer that)? If you do that, you need decent GPA and you will find out sometimes in October. If you are going to apply for schools using Pharmcas, you can start applying in June, but they won't release your application until August. I think December would be really really really early to find out if you're accepted. Some schools don't even start sending out interview invitations until March. So what schools are you looking to apply?

4. chem123

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    mostly schools in the east coast, umd, shanendoah, appalachia, vcu, duquesne, buffalo, MCHP boston and winchester, U south carolina, wingate, temple, philidelphia, lancome....mainly those...any suggestions?

5. penguins429

7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    most of these schools have much later deadlines than schools on the west coast, so it's more likely to hear back later ... but, the schools with rolling admissions (like shenandoah) will let you know much earlier ...

6. Farmercyst

Farmercyst From the shadows
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    If you check the "old" class of 2010/2011 thread. The earliest acceptance reported was 9/28/06 by Julianne at Auburn. An acceptance from Albany was posted 10/03/06 indicating it was received 2 weeks earlier. So it sounds like late September/Early October is the earliest I would expect. Take a look at the thread and you can see which schools started sending acceptances when.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=323592