If You Apply In The Summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chem123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEY EVERY1, ok so i'm planning on applying to pharmacy schools this summer, like june-july, and i want to know if i get in ASAP, b/c i need to know if i should go on to finish a bachelors which means going to a 4 year school and
sooo on...
ANYWAY so my point is, if i apply june-july, whats the earliest time i will receieve feeback/interviews/acceptances??? thank you :) oo and those who have experience can u tell me which schols specifically u applied to :)

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. Are you going to apply for the Early Admission (only a few schools offer that)? If you do that, you need decent GPA and you will find out sometimes in October. If you are going to apply for schools using Pharmcas, you can start applying in June, but they won't release your application until August. I think December would be really really really early to find out if you're accepted. Some schools don't even start sending out interview invitations until March. So what schools are you looking to apply?

mostly schools in the east coast, umd, shanendoah, appalachia, vcu, duquesne, buffalo, MCHP boston and winchester, U south carolina, wingate, temple, philidelphia, lancome....mainly those...any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
mostly schools in the east coast, umd, shanendoah, appalachia, vcu, duquesne, buffalo, MCHP boston and winchester, U south carolina, wingate, temple, philidelphia, lancome....mainly those...any suggestions?

most of these schools have much later deadlines than schools on the west coast, so it's more likely to hear back later ... but, the schools with rolling admissions (like shenandoah) will let you know much earlier ...

If you check the "old" class of 2010/2011 thread. The earliest acceptance reported was 9/28/06 by Julianne at Auburn. An acceptance from Albany was posted 10/03/06 indicating it was received 2 weeks earlier. So it sounds like late September/Early October is the earliest I would expect. Take a look at the thread and you can see which schools started sending acceptances when.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=323592