If you grew up in an area that was medically underserved? ***Question***

Started by GrizzlyBR
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GrizzlyBR

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have this question on one of the applications for Medical School.

If I have been living until I was about 10yo in severely rural place, far away from any city, any healthcare facility or even any college. From 10-18 I lived in a large city but then from 18 and during my college I lived in a town of about 15,000 people.

How do I answer these kinds of questions?

Thank you
 
You can use this HRSA map to determine if the areas you reference are considered medically underserved:

Many rural areas are underserved, but there is a good chunk of underserved urban areas as well.

This is the data we use to determine eligibility for scholarship access for the Becoming a Student Doctor course (Becoming a Student Doctor - HPSA).