If you had the choice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uic1999

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would you guys rather have...

A. 3.6 GPA 37 MCAT
B. 3.9 GPA 34 MCAT
C. 3.4 GPA 40 MCAT

Members don't see this ad.

considering all three choices are above average for matriculants :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
a twenty to thirty people get the 40...so I would take that, anyone can have experiences or pad your grades, but a score like that..C!

C

MCAT is standardized, GPA is subjective

A, with the GPA from a really tough school.

C, that kind of MCAT is rarer than that kind of GPA (and the GPA doesn't suck).

I'd take B in a heartbeat. I know many people with similar stats who got into some amazing schools (not to mention scholarships)... that's not including some SDNers on here also who have done extremely well with these numbers (you know who you are) :D

ifailedmcat said:
Depends on the undergrad, if it was Harvard, MIT...C.

Hey Moose, your new avatar is pretty cool :thumbup:.

Thanks! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
C is just a B+ GPA, I think I would take B, a 3.9 rocks and a 34 is average for a top school.

None of them because it was a stupid question. The gunner has come out of you.

uic1999 said:
What would you guys rather have...

A. 3.6 GPA 37 MCAT
B. 3.9 GPA 34 MCAT
C. 3.4 GPA 40 MCAT
WTF kind of question is this?

Would an answer to this question even serve a purpose?

Holy Jezebus people, just do your best and apply! Sheesh!

SaltySqueegee said:
WTF kind of question is this?

Would an answer to this question even serve a purpose?

Holy Jezebus people, just do your best and apply! Sheesh!

There is only one possible answer. This person must be on an adcom :eek:.

You know, according to last year's MSAR, no one who got a 39 or higher score didn't get into medical school. And the acceptance rates for the upper 30 MCAT scores were very high, falling off significantly only around the 34-36 range. If you're trying to get in, the high MCAT is where to focus.

I'd aruge that a 3.4 from Biomed Engineering at Duke is worth way more than a 3.9 liberal arts major at a state school, possibly even a bio major.

I like to measure all my self-worth by the MCAT, THEREFOR I would choose the 3.4 and 40MCAT. I would also prefer a perfect score in verbal over the other two sections.

W222 said:
I like to measure all my self-worth by the MCAT, THEREFOR I would choose the 3.4 and 40MCAT. I would also prefer a perfect score in verbal over the other two sections.

haha! :laugh:

I'd pick C because that would mean that I am a smart BASTHAD slacker which is a very cool thing to be.

B, unlike options A and C, B has an above average GPA and MCAT for about 95% of MD schools.

How did you find this thread? its been almost FIVE years.

I am honestly curious as to what you typed into the search bar.

Me too, and why? I mean does nobody check dates before they post?