You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
If you love your pharmacy job
Started by StaviZFingerZ
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
= would think that the hardest part about managing system-wide accounts, as a DOP or someone in a similar position, is dealing with the reports and staying focused on the larger goals; employees can draw a lot of attention away from what needs to get done due to their own personal issues, conflicts between employees, or problems inherent to lower management. I guess...
But what do I know??? I can't possibly know anything; I'm just a student, right? 😉
Correct
so what did you do? many people are finding themselves in that same situation, except there arent retail jobs to even be shunned from
I found a hospital job out of state.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
our DOP doesn't do anything with employees - he has inpatient and outpatient supervisors to deal with the minions.
I would fire his/her ass...
I found a hospital job out of state.
How difficult is the transition from state to state in terms of CPJE/MPJE differences? I've been thinking about relocating out of state afterwards, but wonder how long you'd have to study for a different state's law exam.
I could always go federal, but multi-state licensing seems the better way to go.
How difficult is the transition from state to state in terms of CPJE/MPJE differences? I've been thinking about relocating out of state afterwards, but wonder how long you'd have to study for a different state's law exam.
I could always go federal, but multi-state licensing seems the better way to go.
Not hard at all.... hung out by the pool and read the pharmacy law book one afternoon...then took the test.
Not hard at all.... hung out by the pool and read the pharmacy law book one afternoon...then took the test.
Yup. It's eZ-SqueeZ.
Good to know. Wife's family's been in Redlands for generations, so I'll probably have to start out close, AZ or some such. I wouldn't mind ending up back in AR or, heaven forbid, TX.
I won't name names but some posters here figured out who I am.... they're smart people. Or stalkers... then they stalked me at ASHP.
Some of us were detectives in past lives. That may explain my love of The First 48 and CSI.
Oh, and to be on topic, I've liked every hospital job I've had in the past, some more than others, with peds being my favorite. I'm pretty sure I'll like the place where my residency is, too.
Some of y'all are really lucky! The one and only hardcore hospital job that I had refused to start an intern position, so I did tech work up until several months into pharmacy school... 🙁 and then I quit and went back to retail, because I could function as an intern. Basically, the DOP at that hospital was loyal to Cardinal, so my efforts to become an intern fell on deaf ears whenever the hospital didn't resign with Cardinal.Oh, and to be on topic, I've liked every hospital job I've had in the past, some more than others, with peds being my favorite. I'm pretty sure I'll like the place where my residency is, too.
I tried to get another intern position as a P3, but that fell threw because it was a brand new position when the economy started to sour and all; they didn't even get the position off the ground, but they're trying again now, which is "too little too late".
Oh well... My rotations should make up for it. (IPPE helped some.)
Some of y'all are really lucky! The one and only hardcore hospital job that I had refused to start an intern position, so I did tech work up until several months into pharmacy school... 🙁 and then I quit and went back to retail, because I could function as an intern. Basically, the DOP at that hospital was loyal to Cardinal, so my efforts to become an intern fell on deaf ears whenever the hospital didn't resign with Cardinal.
I tried to get another intern position as a P3, but that fell threw because it was a brand new position when the economy started to sour and all; they didn't even get the position off the ground, but they're trying again now, which is "too little too late".
Oh well... My rotations should make up for it. (IPPE helped some.)
At least you had hospital IPPE. My "hospital" rotation was at a closed door LTC pharmacy. Hardly hospital experience.
Yesterday we had some new IPPE kids in. My clinical manager comes up to me and says, "do not taint the students" and to "be positive."
What the hell do *I* do?
Oh well.
What the hell do *I* do?
Oh well.
My rotation was a closed door LTC, too, but they were also associated with a psychiatric hospital. They do a little bit of everything. I even got to make "party balls" of Cubicin. 😎At least you had hospital IPPE. My "hospital" rotation was at a closed door LTC pharmacy. Hardly hospital experience.
Some of us were detectives in past lives. That may explain my love of The First 48 and CSI.
njac said:teehee!
You did it to yourself. Too many details here and there - you need to be more careful!
😱 You two know who I am too????????
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
😱 You two know who I am too????????
Good thing you haven't found out who I am!
Good thing you haven't found out who I am!
Aren't you a drug rep somewhere pretendting to be a nukyuler phramercist?
Aren't you a drug rep somewhere pretendting to be a nukyuler phramercist?
'zactly. Which is why I'm so elusive...
'zactly. Which is why I'm so elusive...
I bet you're really a mail order pharmist.
Yesterday we had some new IPPE kids in. My clinical manager comes up to me and says, "do not taint the students" and to "be positive."
What the hell do *I* do?
Oh well.
I bet you're really a mail order pharmist.
Heyyyy now. I'm not going to play this totem pole game with you!
We already know you'd fall at the bottom.
I bet you're really a mail order pharmist.
What is wrong with being a mail order pharmacist?😕
What is wrong with being a mail order pharmacist?😕
Not a thing. If you like that sort of thing..
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K