If you make a mistake in secondary?.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prospective Doctor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I was just filling out a paper secondary and just made a mistake. I wrote something in the wrong column. Do you think if it is OK to strike it out with a single horizontal line? Please reply what you all did if you made a mistake. Does that look too bad? Will that hurt my chances? I'm too worried.

I got this secondary via regular mail. I don't know if I can request med school to send me another secondary. Please reply.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

A bit late to be helpful to you, but I made copies of the secondaries before I filled them out. I then did "rough drafts" on the copies.

As to your question, can't you use some white-out? If not, then I'd go for the simple single line cross-out. I don't think its that big of a deal.

Thanks for your reply. What do you all think? Did you people experience this?

Again, thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'd use white out, but a single line through it isn't a big deal as long as you have only 1 or 2 mistakes. more than that and it starts looking bad. everyone makes mistakes, and adcoms should be glad we're at least catching them!

Def use white out or cross it out, you're lucky you didn't have what happened to me. I was working on Miami's app a few weeks ago and approaching the three week deadline when I decided to run their paper app through my printer one last time. After freaking forever lining up all my essays and printing them straight onto my app the printer decided it would jam and basically spit upp all over the application. I asked them to send me another copy but it took close to 2 weeks to get it with the Labor Day holiday. Hopefully I am not the only one who had similar problems, however, I am sure not everyone was as dumb as me.