if you taken the pcat more than once, what did u do different

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharwanabe

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
to those who have taken the pcat more than once and improved the 2nd or 3rd time what did you do different to get a high score. i mean its obvious that study more and this and that but how would u improve on vocab and reading and what different material did you use than the first time.
i would greatly appreciate any response
thanks in advance
 
Well, I took a pcat course, I finished up more of the prereqs (orgo and a&p), and I looked over notes/questions I wrote after the first exam. (After the first test, I immediately wrote everything down that I could remember so I would have it for the second test.) There were definitely duplicate questions on each section and there were duplicate reading passages.
 
Well, I took a pcat course, I finished up more of the prereqs (orgo and a&p), and I looked over notes/questions I wrote after the first exam. (After the first test, I immediately wrote everything down that I could remember so I would have it for the second test.) There were definitely duplicate questions on each section and there were duplicate reading passages.
thanks. i wish i could have remembered and wrote stuff down after i took it but i was so tired that i was just so glad it was over
did taking the prep course help??
 
I think so, as a combination between the prep course and taking more classes, my score jumped from an 83 to a 97. Even if you didn't write down information, just the experience of taking the test is so helpful. 🙂

thanks. i wish i could have remembered and wrote stuff down after i took it but i was so tired that i was just so glad it was over
did taking the prep course help??