• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

if you taken the pcat more than once, what did u do different

pharwanabe

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2007
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
    to those who have taken the pcat more than once and improved the 2nd or 3rd time what did you do different to get a high score. i mean its obvious that study more and this and that but how would u improve on vocab and reading and what different material did you use than the first time.
    i would greatly appreciate any response
    thanks in advance

FLPharm2Be

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Well, I took a pcat course, I finished up more of the prereqs (orgo and a&p), and I looked over notes/questions I wrote after the first exam. (After the first test, I immediately wrote everything down that I could remember so I would have it for the second test.) There were definitely duplicate questions on each section and there were duplicate reading passages.

pharwanabe

10+ Year Member
      Nov 27, 2007
      1. Pre-Pharmacy
        Well, I took a pcat course, I finished up more of the prereqs (orgo and a&p), and I looked over notes/questions I wrote after the first exam. (After the first test, I immediately wrote everything down that I could remember so I would have it for the second test.) There were definitely duplicate questions on each section and there were duplicate reading passages.
        thanks. i wish i could have remembered and wrote stuff down after i took it but i was so tired that i was just so glad it was over
        did taking the prep course help??

FLPharm2Be

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Sep 10, 2007
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          I think so, as a combination between the prep course and taking more classes, my score jumped from an 83 to a 97. Even if you didn't write down information, just the experience of taking the test is so helpful. :)

thanks. i wish i could have remembered and wrote stuff down after i took it but i was so tired that i was just so glad it was over
          did taking the prep course help??

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.